NO_SUCH_FOLDER | Few users are not able to loading GUI

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
MudasarYasin

NO_SUCH_FOLDER | Few users are not able to loading GUI

Post by MudasarYasin »

HI,
Few of our accounts are not able to login and and showing "Loading..." status. I am getting following error in mailbox.log
2017-11-29 14:20:38,069 INFO [qtp509886383-2330993:http://127.0.0.1:8080/service/soap/GetFolderRequest] [name=mdocdocil@xyz.local;aname=admin@xyz.local;mid=5562;oip=10.90.253.232;ua=zclient/8.6.0_GA_1153;] SoapEngine - handler exception
com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchItemException: no such folder id: 1
ExceptionId:qtp509886383-2330993:http://127.0.0.1:8080/service/soap/GetF ... 626f80ec26
Code:mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER Arg:(itemId, IID, "1")
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH_FOLDER(MailServiceException.java:197)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.noSuchItem(MailItem.java:1695)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:2828)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:2774)
at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:2765)
Further investigation
[zimbra@xyzDC1ZMAIL01 ~]$ zmmailbox -z -m jencenzo@xyz.local gaf
Id View Unread Msg Count Path
---------- ---- ---------- ---------- ----------
ERROR: mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER (no such folder id: 1)
Then i have checked in DB
[zimbra@xyzDC1ZMAIL01 ~]$ zmprov getMailboxInfo jencenzo
mailboxId: 15210
quotaUsed: 23282394
[zimbra@xyzDC1ZMAIL01 ~]$ expr 15210 % 100
MariaDB [mboxgroup62]> use mboxgroup10
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Database changed
MariaDB [mboxgroup10]> select * from mail_item where id>1 and mailbox_id=15210 limit 1 \G
Empty set (0.07 sec)

MariaDB [mboxgroup10]> select * from mail_item where mailbox_id=15210 limit 1 \G
Empty set (0.00 sec)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: NO_SUCH_FOLDER | Few users are not able to loading GUI

Post by phoenix »

MudasarYasin wrote:Few of our accounts are not able to login and and showing "Loading..." status. I am getting following error in mailbox.log
You should always give details of the ZCS version in use by posting the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
I don't really understand what advice you expect we can give you on this subject. You've shown details of the user account being completely empty of detail and none of the mysql tables having any data in them. Do you have any sort of backup for these accounts? If you do I'd suggest you try restoring them to a new account and see what, if anything, is in there. Has anything untoward happened on your server recently such as Disk/Filesystem problems; power outage, etc.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
MudasarYasin

Post by MudasarYasin »

Thanks for your reply,

Release 8.6.0_GA_1153.RHEL6_64_20141215151155 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition.
Sorry, i have not mentioned that it is an ongoing issue with random users, and we have no backup.
Few week back we have storage issue, and few of mailbox dbs were corrupted, we have dropped all tables of corrupted dbs and copy table structure from other db.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

MudasarYasin wrote:Thanks for your reply,

Release 8.6.0_GA_1153.RHEL6_64_20141215151155 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition.
Sorry, i have not mentioned that it is an ongoing issue with random users, and we have no backup.
Few week back we have storage issue, and few of mailbox dbs were corrupted, we have dropped all tables of corrupted dbs and copy table structure from other db.
Without a reliable backup there isn't really any advice that I can offer and it really depends on what you're trying to achieve, is it to stop having those errors and do they happen with all users or just the 'few accounts' that you've mentioned? Did you have any form of backup/restore solution in place prior to this HD problem?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Have you considered exporting the mailbox and importing it into a new account and see if that works OK? If it does then you could always stop the original account from receiving mail remove the test account export all the 'old' account data again, rename the old account then import the data into a new account with the old user name. That's about the best I can come up with in these circumstances.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
MudasarYasin

Post by MudasarYasin »

It is happened with only few users. It is quit weird, user is working normally, suddenly it stop loading GUI. It happened only with those accounts, their mailid's are in corrupted dbs.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

MudasarYasin wrote:We also cannot able to take backup of effected users, the only solution is to delete current users and create new account.
Are you saying you can't use the export function in the users Preferences page?
MudasarYasin wrote:But how can we avoid other users to be effected.
If you think the database is totally corrupted then I don't think you can do much else other than to try and move your users to another clean install server. Is this a VM or bare metal install?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

MudasarYasin wrote:We are using opensource version and cannot take account backup through CLI.
Ho yes you can. :) First, I was talking about in the user account (when you login to view your mail) on the Preferences tab there is an import/export option. The next thing is that a backup/restore is available to the OSS version via the cli, take a look at the following wiki pages:

https://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?search=export
https://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?search=backup
MudasarYasin wrote:Yes we are working to setup new server.
That's good to hear. You might want to take a look at the ZeXtras Migration Tool before you get too far into exporting/importing accounts to see if it work for moving everything to a new server, it's a great product and is free to use and you can see if it is able to move accounts from your old server to a new one. I guess it might fail on some accounts but it is about the easiest method around for moving servers.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
MudasarYasin

Post by MudasarYasin »

We also cannot able to take backup of effected users, the only solution is to delete current users and create new account.
But how can we avoid other users to be effected.
MudasarYasin

Post by MudasarYasin »

We are using opensource version and cannot take account backup through CLI.

Yes we are working to setup new server.