How to move email data of account to another account ?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
lowhigh

How to move email data of account to another account ?

Post by lowhigh »

Hi everybody!

I'm using Release 8.7.0_GA_1659.RHEL6_64_20160628192545 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition, it work without problem.

My company used domain old-domain.com before, but now my boss change name of company and the domain respectively. Each account of domain old-domain.com will be replaced with a account of new-domain.com. And the boss require me moving all the data from each account of domain old-domain.com to each account of domain new-domain.com. I have create all accounts with new-domain.com and ready for moving data. But how to....?

In some another email system, such as Postfix or Mdaemon, i only copy respectively data files from each folder of one old email account to new email account. But in Zimbra, i don't think it's simple like that. Please tell me what should i do ?

Thank so much!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: How to move email data of account to another account ?

Post by phoenix »

Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
lowhigh

Post by lowhigh »

Thanks phoenix for reply!

I see your suuggest about renaming domain but my boss plan to hold the old-domain.com because many partners of company still send email to the old-domain like a habit. So i have to maintan both old-domain and new-domain. Certainly, this process may only last for several months and in each email account, there is a rule setuped to foward email from old-domain to new-domain.

I search in forum and find that this tool imapsync can sastify my desire but i still want to know is there any way to move data between accounts like copy folder ?

Please give me an advice!
imanudin11
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64

Post by imanudin11 »

lowhigh wrote:

I see your suuggest about renaming domain but my boss plan to hold the old-domain.com because many partners of company still send email to the old-domain like a habit. So i have to maintan both old-domain and new-domain. Certainly, this process may only last for several months and in each email account, there is a rule setuped to foward email from old-domain to new-domain.

I search in forum and find that this tool imapsync can sastify my desire but i still want to know is there any way to move data between accounts like copy folder ?

Hi,
After rename domain, you can create alias domain for old domain refer to new-domain : https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Managing_D ... main_Alias. The old domain still can receive email from your partner. When you reply email from your partner, you already use the new domain
lowhigh

Post by lowhigh »

imanudin11 wrote:
lowhigh wrote:

Hi,
After rename domain, you can create alias domain for old domain refer to new-domain : https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Managing_D ... main_Alias. The old domain still can receive email from your partner. When you reply email from your partner, you already use the new domain
That's Great, many thanks for imanudin11 :D