8.8.12 Multiserver Installation

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

8.8.12 Multiserver Installation

Post by Marcosebas »

Dear All,

Please, I have some questions and would like if any one can give me a hand. I am currently doing an installation of a Zimbra 8.6.14 to 8.8.12.

1. Would you recommend RedHat or CentOS?

2. Which is the best way to migrate the data from the old (8.6.14) to the new server (8.8.12)?

3. I am doing a multiserver Installation with the following cores:

a) Zimrba Proxy
b) Zimbra Mailbox
c) Zimbra MTA
d) Zimbra LDAP

Which modules should I install in each core?

Waiting for news and thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marco
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Re: 8.8.12 Multiserver Installation

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Marcosebas wrote:Dear All,

Please, I have some questions and would like if any one can give me a hand. I am currently doing an installation of a Zimbra 8.6.14 to 8.8.12.

2. Which is the best way to migrate the data from the old (8.6.14) to the new server (8.8.12)?

a) Zimrba Proxy
b) Zimbra Mailbox
c) Zimbra MTA
d) Zimbra LDAP

Regards,

Marco
Marco,

That's a complex installation, so best to start with the Multi-Server Installation Guide. It's one of the guides you can view here: https://www.zimbra.com/documentation/

Hope that helps,
Mark
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

L. Mark Stone wrote:
Marcosebas wrote:Dear All,

a) Zimrba Proxy
b) Zimbra Mailbox
c) Zimbra MTA
d) Zimbra LDAP

Regards,

Marco
Marco,

That's a complex installation, so best to start with the Multi-Server Installation Guide. It's one of the guides you can view here: https://www.zimbra.com/documentation/

Hope that helps,
Mark
Hi Mark,

First of all thank you for your answer and time. I know your huge background on Zimbra.

1. For installing Zimbra 8.8 would you recommend (and any other one commenting will be welcome) Redhat or CentOs? Ubuntu I don't like at all.

2. Do you know any way to migrate the data from the old Zimbra to the new one? I can't do a back up as I have too many information on my current Zimbra and in my storage I don't have space to do a back up copy.

3. I had done multiserver installation many times. However, the difference for me now is that since Zimbra 8.7 the use of Zimbra Proxy is a must and I need to install it in other server.

Usually I was doing it like this and it always worked fine. Those I remember now.

MAILBOX

-Zimbra Core
-Zimbra LDAP
-Zimbra Logger
-DNS Cache
-snmp
-Zimbra store
-Apache
-Spell
-mem-cached

MTA

-Zimbra Core
-Zimbra MTA

LDAP

-Zimbra Core
-Zimbra LDAP

I guess I should keep that installation adding the Zimbra proxy to the new node and the zimbra chat to the mailbox.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I'd recommend RHEL if you require professional support or CentOS if you don't, the ZeXtras Migration Tool is free to use and the easiest method to move users to a new server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

phoenix wrote:I'd recommend RHEL if you require professional support or CentOS if you don't, the ZeXtras Migration Tool is free to use and the easiest method to move users to a new server.
Does the Zextras migration tool creates a backup or it simply transfers the data from one server to other?

Best,

Marco
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You can read the details on the ZeXtras wiki page here: https://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/ZeXtras_M ... Tool_Guide
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

I am installing the zextras suite. However, I have a question.

When installing the zextras chat I am being request to delete the Zimbra Chat package. If I refuse to delete the zimbra chat I am unable to continue with the installation of zextras suite.