Outlook constantly crashing

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
dcpartners

Re: Outlook constantly crashing

Post by dcpartners »

L. Mark Stone wrote: Outlook logging was turned on, because that’s what Zimbra Support would have needed to troubleshoot.
Outlook logging was left on for some period of time, no issues, so Outlook logging was turned off and the issues did not reappear.
Outlook logging I believe was on for a few days.
Further questions. What the OS of these device? Windows 10? Prior to this conclusion that turning on/off for Outlook Logging, did you actually check the Reliability Monitor (Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance) for the Outlook or EventViewer to see Outlook crash happened again?

Just a bit odd that by turning on/off for Outlook Logging solve the issue. Excellent observation though.

Waiting for the feedback.
mikespo17

Post by mikespo17 »

I've enabled Outlook Logging (File>Options>Advanced>Enable troubleshooting logging) on a few users to see if it has any effect on the issue.

Other than that I've found no solution or any indication of where the hiccup is happening to solve/prevent it.
dcpartners

Post by dcpartners »

mikespo17 wrote:I've enabled Outlook Logging (File>Options>Advanced>Enable troubleshooting logging) on a few users to see if it has any effect on the issue.

Other than that I've found no solution or any indication of where the hiccup is happening to solve/prevent it.
I tried that approach and it didn't work for us. It crashed after few days as typical. So we tried to install to 32 BIT instead for Office 2016 and it's been running OK for few days now. Finger cross !!!

We got the Outlook logging from the machine and escalated to Zimbra support via their channel partner. Still waiting as well. You might push to escalate as well if you get a chance to your Zimbra parners/support.

BTW what version of Windows 10 do you use by any chance? 1709? 1803? 1809?
mikespo17

Post by mikespo17 »

dcpartners wrote:BTW what version of Windows 10 do you use by any chance? 1709? 1803? 1809?
We use a mix of 1803 & 1809, doesnt seem to make a difference, crashes on both. I didn't want to have to go to 32bit but if thats the only option, thats going to be an adventure...
wentum
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.GA.3924 _P30

Post by wentum »

We experience the same behaviour here with Outlook 2016: 32bit ZOC -> OK, 64bit ZOC -> constantly randomly crashing...

I don't think it's the right approach to migrate to 32bit version of ZOC for we are all network edition customers and IMHO Outlook 2016 64 bit is a supported platform.
Zimbra should make this work properly!!
But I have little hope on that...

Just my 2 cents...

Regards
Joerg
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

wentum wrote:I don't think it's the right approach to migrate to 32bit version of ZOC for we are all network edition customers and IMHO Outlook 2016 64 bit is a supported platform.
Then raise a Support case with Zimbra and get what you're paying for.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
wentum
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.GA.3924 _P30

Post by wentum »

phoenix wrote:
wentum wrote:I don't think it's the right approach to migrate to 32bit version of ZOC for we are all network edition customers and IMHO Outlook 2016 64 bit is a supported platform.
Then raise a Support case with Zimbra and get what you're paying for.
I will, but even so hope is still little...

FYI I raised support ticket for other things of ZOC but besides that there is a ticket an it is regarded a bug nothin happend...

Regards
Joerg
arettig

Post by arettig »

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for the past two weeks. We are having this same issue with both Office 365 C2R Outlook 2019 and 2016. Server versions 8.6.0_GA_1200 and ZCO version 8.8.12.1813. I believe I have a few computers that have the same issue with the previous version of the ZCO as well. I'm really hoping this can be resolved soon as this issue seems to be pretty widespread with our C2R users and I've deployed it to roughly 75 workstations and laptops. Is there a bugzilla case?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

arettig wrote:I've been trying to troubleshoot this for the past two weeks. We are having this same issue with both Office 365 C2R Outlook 2019 and 2016. Server versions 8.6.0_GA_1200 and ZCO version 8.8.12.1813. I believe I have a few computers that have the same issue with the previous version of the ZCO as well. I'm really hoping this can be resolved soon as this issue seems to be pretty widespread with our C2R users and I've deployed it to roughly 75 workstations and laptops. Is there a bugzilla case?
Zimbra 8.6.0 went end of General Support (no more bug fixes nor expected security patches) in September 2018. It is not supported to use versions of ZCO later than the server version you are running as I understand it.

Now that 8.8.15 is out, if you upgrade you’ll have access to later ZCOs.

Likely not the answer you want to hear I know...

All the best,
Mark