field input broken in ajax

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

field input broken in ajax

Post by msmcknight »

Hi everyone,

This is a weird one...

Zimbra Version: Zimbra 8.8.10_GA_3041 (build 20181008051741)

Sometimes the zimbra web client wont accept input into some of the fields. For example, if I compose a new email, I might be able to type in the addresses, but not the subject. Or, I might be able to type in the subject and not the addresses. The email body field never seems to be affected.

This isn't just in composing emails, it can be in replying to them, trying to add a contact, task ,etc. What's odd is that it only affects certain fields and not others. It's also weird that the behavior may change suddenly; like I might be able to type the subject, but after I click into the body field, if I return to edit the subject, it wont let me.

When this happens, the cursor doesn't respond at all. It appears in the field when I click in it, but typing doesn't move the cursor at all.

I've not made any changes to the server, and the client(s) are the same... except for various updates to Firefox. Firefox is the only browser we use and we've never had a problem with it. The problem exists even firefox with no addons. From what I can tell, the HTML interface doesn't suffer from this behavior -- only the ajax interface.

The only way I can get past it is to reload the tab. When I do this, I may be able to go a few minutes without it acting up again, or I may be able to go several days. It seems completely random.

We've seen the problem on various computers. Firefox is a common denominator, but if it was a Firefox problem, I would think a lot more people would be complaining about it.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks to you all in advance,
-Michael
sarris_g

Re: field input broken in ajax

Post by sarris_g »

Hello,

I am expiriencing the same issue Release 8.8.12_GA_3794.RHEL7_64_20190329045002 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.12_P4.

When a specific user is trying to compose,reply,forward the ajax tab is not working.

On the otherside the HTML works fine.

In the meantime while tryng to delete persona accounts i get the error of "Missing a value for the "From" field for sent email messages. Please enter a valid name"

Thank you for your assistance.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

You are not alone.

I made a post here too: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=66645
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by msmcknight »

Hi everyone,

I think I found the problem. I had disabled keyboard shortcuts in users preferences in the admin gui. This is clearly a bug. Disabling keyboard shortcuts should not render the AJAX GUI unusable.

Once I re-Enabled keyboard shortcuts, the problem went away completely.

-Michael
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

That fixed the problem on our side too.

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=106916