logger and logswatch stop in 8.8.15

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
mfehr
Advanced member
Advanced member

logger and logswatch stop in 8.8.15

Post by mfehr »

On my 8.8.15 server (Ubuntu 16.04) zmlogswatchctl and logger often stop working. After this error, I can start both processes using zmswatchctl start and zmlogswatchctl start - However, the process soon stops again. The log files show the following errors.

zmlogswatch.out

Code: Select all

Can't locate Date/Parse.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Parse module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /opt/zimbra/common/bin/swatchdog line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/common/bin/swatchdog line 30.  
zmswatch.out

Can't locate Date/Parse.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Parse module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /opt/zimbra/common/bin/swatchdog line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/common/bin/swatchdog line 30.
So it seems that these scripts do not have a path to the perl libraries found in /opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5

Where is this path set?
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Re: logger and logswatch stop in 8.8.15

Post by JDunphy »

mfehr wrote:
So it seems that these scripts do not have a path to the perl libraries found in /opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5

Where is this path set?
Normally, when you are zimbra it sets them but I have never run 8.8.15 nor 8.8.X for that matter... Make sure you have done something like this:

# su - zimbra
% [zimbra@mail ~]$ perl -V  |grep -A4 INC
  @INC:
    /opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    /opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    /opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5
    /usr/local/lib64/perl5

before running any zimbra perl code.... When I do my own scripts that run zimbra perl code, I will often do something like this first in those scripts.

. /opt/zimbra/.bashrc
You are looking for PERLLIB and/or PERL5LIB to be set which they do in their .bashrc with this:

eval `/usr/bin/perl -V:archname`
PERLLIB=/opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5/$archname:/opt/zimbra/common/lib/perl5
export PERLLIB
Your @INC looks incorrect for zimbra at least for how 8.7.11 and previous versions worked as you noted.