DMARC Report

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
support@it-sakh.net

DMARC Report

Post by support@it-sakh.net »

Hello!
I am tasked with organizing the distribution of DMARC reports from our server.
For example, how does the Google mail service
At CommunigatePro there is a script which it fills, and at Zimbra there is something similar.
http://www.communigate.com/ScriptRepository/DMARC.pl - A helper which implements DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) www.dmarc.org with sending aggregate reports.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: DMARC Report

Post by phoenix »

Do you mean aggregation reports that are sent to you about your domain? If you do then all you need do is modify your DNS records to get the reports sent to you (or one of the free on-line services) for you to check. Many on-line services are available to provide detailed information in human readable form on your DMARC status.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
support@it-sakh.net

it is necessary for me that my email server delivered the aggregated report.
For example:
Your email server or on behalf of your email server sent the letter to my email server.
Also it is necessary that my email server sent you the aggregated report of DMARC. As it does Google.
What you could receive the report on your domain, not on my domain.
support@it-sakh.net

there is no solution?
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

Hi,

I filled a request https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=83601 some time ago..

ccelis
florianh

Post by florianh »

Hi all,
ccelis5215 wrote:I filled a request https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=83601 some time ago..
I've voted and commented on this ticket some days ago.
In short, there are several aspects where OpenDMARC might be relevant, but this thread here is particularly about having the Zimbra mail server send out DMARC reports to others. This would theoretically be done somewhere in the SpamAssassin component, however SpamAssassin as of today does not contain this feature yet.
Side note: According to its documentation, RSpamd seems to do this job already.

I had a ticket with Zimbra support open, and after some clarification, they are now handling it as a feature request:
Yes, you were correct. after deep-diving into the logs and all the settings Zimbra using OpenDmarc to validate DMARC against incoming emails but OpenDMARC not sending validation reports back.
We will consider your email as a request for new feature implementations, we will forward it to the concerned team.
Let's see what happens.

Kind regards
Florian
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

florianh wrote:Hi all,
ccelis5215 wrote:I filled a request https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=83601 some time ago..
I've voted and commented on this ticket some days ago.
In short, there are several aspects where OpenDMARC might be relevant, but this thread here is particularly about having the Zimbra mail server send out DMARC reports to others. This would theoretically be done somewhere in the SpamAssassin component, however SpamAssassin as of today does not contain this feature yet.
Side note: According to its documentation, RSpamd seems to do this job already.

I had a ticket with Zimbra support open, and after some clarification, they are now handling it as a feature request:
Yes, you were correct. after deep-diving into the logs and all the settings Zimbra using OpenDmarc to validate DMARC against incoming emails but OpenDMARC not sending validation reports back.
We will consider your email as a request for new feature implementations, we will forward it to the concerned team.
Let's see what happens.

Kind regards
Florian

That's will be great!
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

I may be oversimplifying this, but since Zimbra ships with OpenDKIM, wouldn't enabing this feature require only that the SendReports variable in /opt/zimbra/conf/opendkim.conf.in be changed from the current default value of "no" to "yes" and then restarting the MTA?

Hope that helps,
Mark
florianh

Post by florianh »

L. Mark Stone wrote:I may be oversimplifying this, but since Zimbra ships with OpenDKIM, wouldn't enabing this feature require only that the SendReports variable in /opt/zimbra/conf/opendkim.conf.in be changed from the current default value of "no" to "yes" and then restarting the MTA?
That option refers to DKIM failure reporting. That's something else than DMARC aggregate and error reports.

Kind regards
Florian
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Ah; I see now. Thanks Florian for the clarification.

All the best,
Mark