soap service 503 after update

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Bullfrog

Re: soap service 503 after update

Post by Bullfrog »

alladin_bp wrote:I encountered the same problems after updating to the recent patch version today.

In the log file /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out, there's always an exception coming up when accessing the login page:

Code: Select all

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Could not initialize class org.openzal.zal.extension.StoreManagerImpl
The following packages have been updated by 8.8.15_Patch5 (on an Ubuntu 16.04):

zimbra-common-core-jar zimbra-common-core-libs zimbra-core-components zimbra-drive zimbra-mbox-store-libs zimbra-mbox-war zimbra-openjdk zimbra-patch
I've then started to downgrade these packages one by one using apt install -f zimbra-<package-name>=<previous-version> (use apt list -a <package_name> to get all available versions).
The downgrade of zimbra-common-core-jar zimbra-common-core-libs zimbra-core-components zimbra-mbox-store-libs didn't solve the problem, but after downgrading zimbra-openjdk from 13.0.1-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 to 11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 using

apt install -f zimbra-openjdk=11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04
everything was working again!

@zimbra developers:
There seems to be a problem with class loading/initializing with the newest version of zimbra-openjdk. Could you please verify this and issue an updated patch version?
Thank you for this information. It helped me work around the problem temporarily until something more definite is identified. But, on my system running CentOS 6, I simply ran:

yum downgrade zimbra-openjdk-11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.el6.x86_64 zimbra-core-components-2.0.0-1zimbra8.8b1.el6.x86_64
Then, my system returned to normal operation. For what it is worth, I was also experiencing the "Network Service Error", preventing any users from logging in to the system at all. Also, I do not have the Zeta Alliance Nextcloud Zimlet installed, although I do have the ShareToolkit installed from them.
yannjegard

Post by yannjegard »

Hi,

Exact, also solved after removing /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbradrive/zal.jar. Pfioooo...
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

FWIW, on 8.8.15 Patch 4 (not yet upgraded) Network Edition now using the latest NE Zimbra Drive, there are two zal.jar files, with different time stamps and file sizes:

zimbra@zimbra:~$ find /opt/zimbra/lib -name zal.jar
/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbradrive/zal.jar
/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/network-modules-ng/zal.jar
The above server has been upgraded in place since 8.8.10, and at one point had the (what is now called) Open Drive installed.

On a newer mailbox server in the same hosting farm, which never had Open Drive installed, (but which the Zimbra installer still calls "Zimbra Drive" even though it's really Open Drive) there is only one zal.jar file:

zimbra@mb18:~$ find /opt/zimbra/lib -name zal.jar
/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/network-modules-ng/zal.jar
zimbra@mb18:~$

So I'm speculating that because uninstalling what is now called Open Drive doesn't remove the server extensions directory, that's how we wind up with two different zal.jar files.

Lots of follow on questions here for both NE and OSE customers still using Open Drive, but thought it could be helpful to post what I've found so far.

Best regards to all,
Mark
trm100100

Post by trm100100 »

I've been working on this problem since 10PM last night - it is now 6:15AM. Thank goodness for this solution. sorta

This solution did not work for me entirely.

On my end I also had to downgraded zimbra-patch zimbra-openjdk zimbra-core-components zimbra-common-core-jar zimbra-common-core-libs zimbra-mbox-store-libs

apt install -f zimbra-patch=8.8.15.1573570426.p4-1.u16 zimbra-openjdk=11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 zimbra-core-components=2.0.0-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 zimbra-common-core-jar=8.8.15.1569887376-1.u16 zimbra-common-core-libs=8.8.15.1569886566-1.u16 zimbra-mbox-store-libs=8.8.15.1569886566-1.u16

I had downgraded zimbra-openjdk prior to seeing this and it didn't do much so I figured I might as well downgraded them all. I don't know whether or not all of these was needed since i've been up all night and didn't feel like taking any changes

I also upgraded the zimbra webdav client as well for good measure
georgemr

Post by georgemr »

I get E: Version '11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04' for 'zimbra-openjdk' was not found

when executing: apt install -f zimbra-openjdk=11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04
alladin_bp wrote:I encountered the same problems after updating to the recent patch version today.

In the log file /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out, there's always an exception coming up when accessing the login page:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Could not initialize class org.openzal.zal.extension.StoreManagerImpl
The following packages have been updated by 8.8.15_Patch5 (on an Ubuntu 16.04):

zimbra-common-core-jar zimbra-common-core-libs zimbra-core-components zimbra-drive zimbra-mbox-store-libs zimbra-mbox-war zimbra-openjdk zimbra-patch
I've then started to downgrade these packages one by one using apt install -f zimbra-<package-name>=<previous-version> (use apt list -a <package_name> to get all available versions).
The downgrade of zimbra-common-core-jar zimbra-common-core-libs zimbra-core-components zimbra-mbox-store-libs didn't solve the problem, but after downgrading zimbra-openjdk from 13.0.1-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 to 11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04 using

apt install -f zimbra-openjdk=11.0.2-1zimbra8.8b1.16.04
everything was working again!

@zimbra developers:
There seems to be a problem with class loading/initializing with the newest version of zimbra-openjdk. Could you please verify this and issue an updated patch version?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

:evil:
Sometimes Zimbra make me anger... when I read this.
georgemr

Post by georgemr »

Well, this was the culprit. Ohh damn now a have stress for like 5 days
yannjegard wrote:Hi,

Exact, also solved after removing /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbradrive/zal.jar. Pfioooo...
dahamsta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dahamsta »

Thanks to Klug, this worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04:

mv /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbradrive/zal.jar ~/zimbradrive-zal.jar
mv /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/openchat/zal.jar ~/openchat-zal.jar
service zimbra restart
georgemr

Post by georgemr »

can someone send me the zal.jar of openchat? I remove it!!!
dahamsta wrote:Thanks to Klug, this worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04:

mv /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbradrive/zal.jar ~/zimbradrive-zal.jar
mv /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/openchat/zal.jar ~/openchat-zal.jar
service zimbra restart
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gabrieles »

DualBoot wrote: Sometimes Zimbra make me anger
Sometimes? When in the last year there has been a release that did not broke something?