IMAPS LOGIN from script

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
robertitox

IMAPS LOGIN from script

Post by robertitox »

Hi people, I have a ZCS with external LDAP authentication.

I need to make a script that execute a LOGIN to the IMAPS service from Zimbra. But when I try to LOGIN I fail:

openssl s_client -crlf -connect mail.mycompany.com:993

a1 LOGIN robert@mycompany.com p4$$w0rd

NO LOGIN Failed

When I try the same command against a testing ZCS server with no external LDAP authentication, the LOGIN is successful.

So I think my problem is related to the LDAP authentication. In Zimbra admin console I've defined the external LDAP account for authentication:

cn=robert,cn=people,dc=mycompany,dc=com

Please can you tell me how to LOGIN from command line against my ZCS IMAPS service using external LDAP authentication?

Thnks in advance, regards !!!
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: IMAPS LOGIN from script

Post by gabrieles »

curl -v --ssl --url "imap://myserver.mydomain.com/" --user "myusername@mydomain.com:myP455word"
-v helps you with more verbosity
--ssl forces STARTTLS even if you are using imap

if you want to use imaps:
curl -v --insecure --url "imap://myserver.mydomain.com/" --user "myusername@mydomain.com:myP455word"
-- insecure if you use selfsigned certs
robertitox

Re: IMAPS LOGIN from script

Post by robertitox »

Thanks Gabrieles, but it fails again.

Maybe I have to use any extra option from command line indicating the LDAP external authentication or something like that, because if I use a local authentication everything is OK; but when I use an external LDAP authentication it fails.

I tell youi everything is OK when I login from Zimbra web interface using external LDAP authentication, my problem is from command line using curl, telnet or openssl commands it's the same.

Thanks again!