Opening Zimbra Web via IP instead of FQDN

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mtk

Opening Zimbra Web via IP instead of FQDN

Post by mtk »

Hi,

when accessing the Zimbra Webinterface via https://IP instead of the servers https://FQDN nginx will return an error about not reaching the upstream server.
I assume this is a security thing, for nginx not binding to the ip... In a setup where there server is reachable through the internet this might be desireable.
However in my lab, where I often experiment with zimbra it would be helpful being able to open zimbra via IP instead of needing to add the DNS to a machines local hosts-file.
Is there any chance doing so?

Thanks for any help or insight!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Opening Zimbra Web via IP instead of FQDN

Post by phoenix »

It works fine for me using the IP address but you should always have a correctly configured hosts file and valid DNS recodrs for a ZCS install.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mtk

Post by mtk »

phoenix wrote:It works fine for me using the IP address but you should always have a correctly configured hosts file and valid DNS recodrs for a ZCS install.
I reinstalled one instance and can confirm it works now. Seems it was an error on my side - sorry!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

mtk wrote:
phoenix wrote:It works fine for me using the IP address but you should always have a correctly configured hosts file and valid DNS recodrs for a ZCS install.
I reinstalled one instance and can confirm it works now. Seems it was an error on my side - sorry![/quoteThat's OK, I'm glad you've fixed it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra