Make From: field show actual From: content, not contact name

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
dahamsta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Make From: field show actual From: content, not contact name

Post by dahamsta »

Zimbra 8.8.10 OSS on Ubuntu 18.04. In the web client, the From field shows the name from the contact in the address book, rather than the actual content of the From field. I would prefer to use the content of the From field. How do I go about changing this behaviour? I can't see anything in the Preferences bar "Display names in place of email addresses when available", which isn't very clear, but toggling that doesn't seem to make any difference anyway.
dahamsta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Make From: field show actual From: content, not contact name

Post by dahamsta »

Anyone know how to do this?
alexg

Post by alexg »

My workaround is to see it in "show original", but it is not a valid solution.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

dahamsta wrote:Zimbra 8.8.10 OSS on Ubuntu 18.04. In the web client, the From field shows the name from the contact in the address book, rather than the actual content of the From field. I would prefer to use the content of the From field. How do I go about changing this behaviour? I can't see anything in the Preferences bar "Display names in place of email addresses when available", which isn't very clear, but toggling that doesn't seem to make any difference anyway.
Did you check if the attribute zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress in your account is set to FALSE?

Best regares.
dahamsta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dahamsta »

It's set to false.