Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Post by patrickwilson82 »

Can anyone tell me how to disable automatic upgrades of Zimbra Outlook Connector? My users don't have admin rights on their PC's, so I don't want them to be prompted to upgrade every time I install a new Zimbra Patch. I'd rather do that myself. Thanks.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hello,

Please start with the customizing ZCO documentation:

https://zimbra.github.io/zco-docs/lates ... ustomizing

Code: Select all

Disabling Auto-Upgrade
When a user launches Outlook, by default ZCO checks Zimbra Collaboration for a newer version of ZCO. If a newer version is available, the user receives a prompt with the option to upgrade.

You can disable the auto-upgrade feature using the --disable-autoupgrade switch.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

Thank you for the response. I found that documentation. But I'm a little unclear on it. Do I run that switch on the client? Or on the server? If it's on the Server, the Server is already in use. it sounds like that was for initial set up purposes.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you for the response. I found that documentation. But I'm a little unclear on it. Do I run that switch on the client? Or on the server? If it's on the Server, the Server is already in use. it sounds like that was for initial set up purposes.

It's in the client. The documentation allows customizing the package to enforce the option to never check for update.

Maybe looking the windows registry you can found how to change this behaviour after the package is installed without the customization. I recommend to create the customized package so you can set your server name, language, etc. It's not so complex.

Best regards.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

Is there a place where I can get a copy, or is there a command I need to run on my server to download from the repository? I just recently downloaded Patch 8. Thanks.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

Is there a place where I can get a copy, or is there a command I need to run on my server to download from the repository? I just recently downloaded Patch 8. Thanks.
The MSI files are in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads/ directory.

Please note that you must use the UNSIGNED msi packages.

Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

fs.schmidt wrote:
patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

The MSI files are in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads/ directory.

Please note that you must use the UNSIGNED msi packages.

Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
Thank you. I found the unsigned msi files, but when I attempt to run the command from the Windows command prompt inside the folder where I saved the .js file and the two unsigned .msi files, I get the following error.

https://imgur.com/a/z3UDUzz
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hello,

Try to remove the < > of the values.

Best regards.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

fs.schmidt wrote:Hello,

Try to remove the < > of the values.

Best regards.
It still gives me the same error whether I put <> around the msi file name or not. If I remove all of the <> it gives me a syntax error.