iframe Zimlet, session data

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
sejokalash

iframe Zimlet, session data

Post by sejokalash »

Hello,
I have implemented iframe Zimlet to Zimbra webmail v8.8.15, Iframe loads page with form on it. Form contain few inputs, selects, and file upload. Now I would like to get session data of logged user(I only need email of user logged in webmail). I have been looking into getInfo SOAP API documentation, but its not very clear to me how to implement this. Can someone point me in the right direction to achive this ?

Thank you.
rakeshmore
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Re: iframe Zimlet, session data

Post by rakeshmore »

Please look at this blog post it may guide you about fetching accountInfo.
https://blog.zimbra.com/2021/01/zimbra- ... roperties/

By the way, any specific reason you are going with iFrame, it's less secure.
sejokalash

Post by sejokalash »

hi rakeshmore,

thank you for providing me with a blog post, I will look into it. No there is no specific reason, this is my first encounter with Zimlets and I really wanted to see how it works.
What would you suggest to as correct way to implement this feature?
deepak.gautam
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by deepak.gautam »

In Zimlet JS file, you can try with

Code: Select all

appCtxt.getUsername()
Also you can check Example zimlet for SOAP API -https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZCS_6.0:Zi ... API_Basics
sejokalash wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:41 pm Hello,
I have implemented iframe Zimlet to Zimbra webmail v8.8.15, Iframe loads page with form on it. Form contain few inputs, selects, and file upload. Now I would like to get session data of logged user(I only need email of user logged in webmail). I have been looking into getInfo SOAP API documentation, but its not very clear to me how to implement this. Can someone point me in the right direction to achive this ?

Thank you.