Sync Issues on shared mailbox

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Udbytossen

Sync Issues on shared mailbox

Post by Udbytossen »

Hi Forum
I have Zimbra9 NE - and having a issue on a shared mailbox.

4 Different users have access to the same shared mailbox.
1 User have done a cleanup in the mailbox - But it doesn't sync back to server and the other users. How can I resolve this issue.
My first though was exporting from Outlook to PST - and then convert into tar.gz for import to the mailbox. But when exporting the Mailvox - I getting a error - that I do not have permission for exporting this mailbox.

All 4 users are using Outlook connector - and all changes are made from Outlook.
But getting the error each time I'm trying to export the PST file - So do others have an idea on how to solve this issue.

Client: 9.0.0.1915
Server: 9.0.0_GA_4204

I need the structure from the Outlook client to be sync or imported into Zimbra - since we're talking about 80000mails in a new structure - but I do not get why a shared mailbox can look so different from client to client.
So I need a way to export the mailbox from his local Outlook structure - and get it imported into Zimbra !
Amol.Suryawanshi
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Re: Sync Issues on shared mailbox

Post by Amol.Suryawanshi »

Could you please tell us what privileges the shared mailbox has and how you cleaned it up? Can you access the connector logs from the directory %temp%\ZCOLogs? Please share them with us.
Regarding the problem you received while exporting shared mailboxes, it appears to be an Outlook issue. Please read the link below, which appears to be related to the error you are experiencing; they have also recommended some solutions.
https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/dont-h ... n-outlook/
As described in the above link, if I set 1 for 'PSTDisableGrow,' I too receive the permission denied message.
simonleone
ZCS/ZD Version: NE9

Post by simonleone »

Can someone please help me locate the 'PSTDisableGrow' registry key :cry: I did open the Run window and typed "regedit" as per the link @Amol.Suryawanshi shared, but there is no "PSTDisableGrow."

I am using Outlook 2019.
Thanks.
“Cogito ergo sum” 1212 angel number spiritual meaning
Amol.Suryawanshi
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by Amol.Suryawanshi »

Outlook 2019's key can be found in the below listed location. If the key is not in the below location, your configuration has a different problem. You should investigate the alternative workarounds given in the link in my earlier response.
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\PST
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

Are you using ZCO or EAS to sync these Outlook mailboxes?