Requesting Advice on Video Chat Features

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
brianf

Requesting Advice on Video Chat Features

Post by brianf »

Greetings!

I am evaluating Zimbra Network Edition (9 and/or 10) for use in a small office environment. I have successfully installed Zimbra (have tried both versions) and can email and use the text-based chatting features. I would like to explore the voice/video chatting features of Connect and am confused. Is there a built-in capability for an on-premise installation or do I need to install and integrate another tool like RocketChat or Jitsi? The NE 10 (Daffodil) documentation leads me to believe a 3rd party tool is required but if 9 has native functionality, I would be open to using that. I have been using Rocky Linux but am open to any platform.

We would not be able to use external/cloud solutions. If you have any guidance or could point me to some additional documentation, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!
brianf

Re: Requesting Advice on Video Chat Features

Post by brianf »

Ha! After walking away for a bit and going back into the server admin console, I discovered that the features were not enabled in the default COS. I cloned it to a new COS, enabled the features and applied it to the domain. I now have the option/ability for the voice and video chat.
popsmile

Post by popsmile »

HI,

I installed Zimbra OSE 10, I found that the talk function is lost, can you give me a way to enable it? Thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

popsmile wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:10 pmI installed Zimbra OSE 10, I found that the talk function is lost, can you give me a way to enable it? Thank you
If you mean the 'chat' feature, I think you'll find that's a feature of the Enterprise version.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra