Couple of Issues with Web Client

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

I have been evaluating and testing Zimbra, specifically the web-mail client, over the past few days. For the most part I have been very impressed with the whole package so far. While using the web-mail client I have come across a few minor issues. Searching the forums and bugzilla I have found most of my issues already brought up, and on the "to do" list. However, there are a couple of things that I've run into that I haven't been able to find any mention of anywhere, and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong and/or they are known issues.
1) I have Mail --> View set to By Message, with Reading Pane enabled. I prefer to have my message list sorted with the oldest message at the top of the list and the newest at the bottom; the default is the opposite. I can click on the Received column to resort it the way I like. However, when I close out of the client and then log back in it reverts back to the default. Most of the other email clients that I've used save the user's sorting preferences.
2) Related to number one. After I resort my messages they stay that way for the duration of my session if I just let normal email polling check for new mail. However, if I click on the "Get Mail" icon in the toolbar it immediately resorts my messages back to the default descending order. What's strange is that the column heading still indicates that it is in ascending order, and I have to click on the column twice in order to get it back to the way I want it.
3) This one I think I've done something to cause the behavior, although I'm not sure what. Within the Reading Pane, in the message header area in the From and To fields I see either a person's name, followed by an email address surrounded by <>, just a name, or just an email address. However for my own "address" all I see is my login, without the domain appended. I checked another test user that I set up and I see the full name, followed by the email address, so I'm thinking that I changed something but I can't figure out what it is.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

1, 2) These are on our list to persist those settings/choices.
3) This is because you have a contact with that email address. Either you added it manually or have auto-add turned on so Zimbra added it for you. Filling out the contact details will give you a full name in the message list.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

Thanks.. I was playing around with the different settings and had enabled auto-add.
pbrunnen
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by pbrunnen »

Anyone know what bugs nr. KevinH is referring to for those features in 1 & 2?

I couldn't find anything when searching bugzilla.
Thanks. -Cheers, Peter.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Bug 23212 - Show msgs within a conv (in CLV) from old to new

Bug 7781 - Save implicit preferences

Bug 16196 - Get Mail causes Focus change in message view
pbrunnen
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by pbrunnen »

Ah. My bad choice of word combinations in search. :-)
Thanks so much!

-Cheers, Peter.
godpa

Post by godpa »

Hi, I had checked Bug 7781 above, it says "fixed"/"verified" but my Zimbra (v0.9, build 1278) doesnt have that fix updated yet.
How would I know when/which version that fix will be incorporated to release? Thanks.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

You want Bug 30863 - offline : implicit view settings not saved
godpa

Post by godpa »

Thanks - voted for that bug.
But why was the other one (7781?) fixed (fixed in May or June) and not in the current version (released quite recently)?
:confused:
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

zimbraPrefGroupMailBy & zimbraPrefReadingPaneEnabled used to be options in Preferences > Mail tab. 7781 is implemented in ZCS 5.0.6+ which made them implicit (saved at end of session automatically) and removed them from preferences:
http://i37.tinypic.com/21j3dw4.jpg />
There's just a quirk in Zimbra Desktop for non-Zimbra accounts. (Doesn't save at prism quit & and as there's no server attributes to sync against so you might have to constantly turn off the reading-pane etc.)