Calendar time mismatch

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
davebath

Calendar time mismatch

Post by davebath »

Hi Guys,
Not sure if this goes in the outlook connector section, or here.. but I seem to be experiencing strange things with the calendar sync between outlook and zimbra.
The problems really fall into three categories:
1. Outlook keeps crashing trying to import my old calendar (saved off to a .pst, and then imported). Is there another way to do this? Or is it a bug at the moment?
2. When outlook does import (at least some of my old calendar) to Zimbra, the year part seems to have been lost.. so I get all my calendar events on top of each other in 2006. Weird!?
3. The timezones seem to be really screwed. In outlook the appointments show, for example, as being 14:00 -> 16:00. In zimbra they show as being 22:00 -> 00:00. When I click to edit, they are listed correctly as 14:00 -> 16:00 but are wrong in the calendar display view. This also seems to be causign problems when an event added in Zimbra is displayed in outlook. My PC is set to GMT timezone, as is Zimbra server (as far as i know!).

Many thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!
Cheers
Dave
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Calendar time mismatch

Post by 14319KevinH »

Hi Dave,
You've hit a few of the known issues with our Outlook support.
1) Moving over calendar data is not supported from PST's at the moment. Our PST import tool will support this eventually just not in the current release.
2) Same as 1)
3) Yes there are some timezone related bugs. We plan to have those fixed very shortly.
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar time mismatch

Post by 15539sam »

[quote user="davebath"]

1. Outlook keeps crashing trying to import my old calendar (saved off to a .pst, and then imported). Is there another way to do this? Or is it a bug at the moment?

[/QUOTE]
The import functionality in outlook hasn't been tested, and currently is not supported. Its a high priority item that we will address shortly. This is mentioned in the release notes.
[quote user="davebath"]

3. The timezones seem to be really screwed. In outlook the appointments show, for example, as being 14:00 -> 16:00. In zimbra they show as being 22:00 -> 00:00. When I click to edit, they are listed correctly as 14:00 -> 16:00 but are wrong in the calendar display view. This also seems to be causign problems when an event added in Zimbra is displayed in outlook. My PC is set to GMT timezone, as is Zimbra server (as far as i know!).

[/QUOTE]
Our latest internal builds have the fixes for the timezone issues.
davebath

Calendar time mismatch

Post by davebath »

Hey guys,
thanks for the prompt reply as always.
Will the timezone fixes be included in the next beta? I had a look for a release schedule, but didn't manage to find one.. am I just being blind?
Cheers!
Dave
kevin_kluge
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar time mismatch

Post by kevin_kluge »

Yep, the next beta will have the timezone fixes. There will still be a few (smaller) bugs, but the major issues should be fixed.