Personas / Identities broken

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
paullinator

Post by paullinator »

Identities worked great with the old 4.5 connector and Outlook 2003. I set up 3 Identities such as this:
paul@domain1.com (primary email)

paul@domain2.com

paul2@domain2.com
and I could enter any of those email addresses into the From: field in an Outlook email and send messages as if they were from those addresses.
Now i've upgraded to Outlook 2007 (clean fresh install of Outlook) and the 5.0 connector. Now anytime I send an email with a From: address other than the primary email, I get an "Undeliverable" bounce back.
Also, the new Personas panel doesn't seem to do anything for me. If I set it to anything but my primary email address/acct, then I get an "Undeliverable" bounce back. The drop down for choosing the email address also ONLY has my primary email address. Each "persona" effectively has only one email address to choose from.
Note that the web interface works fine as it did in 4.5. Sure would be nice to have 5.0 working, too.
Paul
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by goetzi »

I have the exactly same problem.

I always get a mail telling me the message was undeliverable.
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by goetzi »

The problem isn't solved with 5.0.3 GA
mjdl

Post by mjdl »

This problem is a real pain in the neck when your Zimbra account is a central organizing point for several different email identities and you want to continue using the Outlook client.
I've sent in logs to various Zimbra people, and this issue really should be at the top of list of fixes for the Zimbra 5.0.X series.
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

I would almost rather have your problem than what I'm seeing.
When composing a new message, I choose Options from the ribbon, Show From, and click the From: button. This allows me to send as any address in the GAL (external LDAP), not just those covered by identities, and not constrained by
zimbraAllowAnyFromAddress: FALSE

zimbraAllowFromAddress: (multivalued, but limited set of addresses)