Contact Database in Public Folders

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
acelmanaged

Post by acelmanaged »

Hi All!

I currently run SBS 2003 with Exchange, my company currently insist on using MSExchange Public Folders as a Customer Relationship Management solution i.e: Every person we speak to gets a contact record created in a Public Folder and then any further communication gets appended to the notes section within that contact.

So my question is can all of this data be pulled into Zimbra and by using the Zimbra-Outlook Connector will the 'Public Folder' still work as a public folder?

I am hoping to get rid of this contact folder using dedicated CRM software but at the moment a rock and a hard place spring to mind...
apatosaur.9

Post by apatosaur.9 »

[quote user="acelmanaged"]Hi All!

I currently run SBS 2003 with Exchange, my company currently insist on using MSExchange Public Folders as a Customer Relationship Management solution i.e: Every person we speak to gets a contact record created in a Public Folder and then any further communication gets appended to the notes section within that contact.

So my question is can all of this data be pulled into Zimbra and by using the Zimbra-Outlook Connector will the 'Public Folder' still work as a public folder?

[/QUOTE]
I'd just like to be able to import the contacts from the Public folders. I have the same SBS 2003 with Exchange setup being migrated to ZCS 7