imapsync & tnef issues

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by Aderium »

We are migrating users from Communigate Pro 5.09 to zimbra NE 4.5.0

Split Domain with Zimbra as a secondary domain.
We are migrating accounts via imapsync
The issue that we are coming across is that emails attachments containing TNEF wrapper that we were able to read previously are now appearing as winmail.dat.
Is there anything that can be done after the emails are migrated to get rid of these issues ?
Thanks
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by dkarp »

The Zimbra IMAP interface exposes only the raw message (i.e. winmail.dat).
The Zimbra web interface should expose a "blown-out" version of the message, with TNEF attachments expanded.
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by Aderium »

Can you expand and your reply what u stated does not tell me much as is, thanks
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by dkarp »

If you are accessing Zimbra through IMAP, it is up to your IMAP client to expand TNEF attachments.
If you are accessing TNEF through the AJAX client, you should see both the original winmail.dat attachment and the contents of that TNEF file listed as attachments.
8224pepijn

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by 8224pepijn »

I came upon this post looking for reasons why an Exchange-originated email message I received was showing the winmail.dat attachment and not its contents. If the 4.5.3 Web UI is supposed to automagically expand TNEF attachments, it's not doing it on my end. :( Anything I should be looking at?
Server: RHEL4 ES 32 bit/ZCS 4.5.3 NE

Client: Mac OS X/FF 2.0
pepijn.
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

imapsync & tnef issues

Post by dkarp »

Does it fail for all winmail.dat attachments or just the one? If it's just the one, our TNEF parser may not be able to handle it. You may want to open a bug and attach the offending message...