Status of BES Express and ZCS 7.1?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

The subject says it all. How well is BES Express working with Zimbra 7.1?
In addition, I do have another question. Is there any decent documentation on how to get the two of them working?
I only have a single Blackberry user who won't give it up and just move to an Android device or iPhone. They are in the "It just works" category while the damned Blackberry still hasn't got on the simple connectivity bandwagon.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jerryboi »

The BES connector works very well. It has some minor limitations (the biggest I have found to date is missing Notes sync, but as zimbra-docs are discontinued it is little surprise).
The documetation is adequate and an absolute must. Do expect to install a separate (virtual) windows server with Active Directory for BESX5. Oh, and of course you need Zimbra Mobile (only included in network or starter edition).
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

I assume that separate server needs to be internet facing? Bummer that I would need to eat another server license for a single BB user.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

A bit late...

If it's for a single user, get AstraSync and set it up on the user's BB.
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

Actually, that helps a lot. Cheaper by far compared to setting up a whole server and it's resources since I don't have an outwards facing windows system. Also cheaper than NotifySync. I'll see if the plan is to keep the BB, if so I think AstraSync is the winner.