ZCS 3.1 Released

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="alexz"]How can 3.1 be downloaded? I went through another registration screen but got the link for 3.01.[/QUOTE]
The links in the email will be updated soon. For now you can access the links via the support portal.
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by rrao »

[quote user="vpoorboy"]Can I get the source from CVS (the tag of 3.1)?

Is it on the same branch of GA 3.0.1 (CRAY) ? Or 3.1 is just a bugfix version ?[/QUOTE]

I can answer the 3rd question. No its not just bugfix version. Checkout Kevin's post again.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="vpoorboy"]Can I get the source from CVS (the tag of 3.1)?

Is it on the same branch of GA 3.0.1 (CRAY) ? Or 3.1 is just a bugfix version ?[/QUOTE]
3.1 was off the CRAY branch. There is no tag. But the latest as of now are the exact bits.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="jjprusk"]1)On the Treo 650, how is the calendar sync done? Do I have to add any software (or is this done via reconfiguring HotSync to use OTA somehow?
2)On WM5, I assume that no additional s/w is added and the device is synced using ActiveSync?
3)On Mac calendar support, it looks like this is done via iSync. Will this provide multiple uses to update a calendar (as opposed to the single publisher / multiple subscriber method in iCal)?
4)Can calendars that are sync'd with Mac clients (via iSync) be sync'd with Treo (both 650 and 700) as well?[/QUOTE]
1) Configure it like an Exchange server in Versamail.
2) Correct.
3) The iSync is two-way sync. So both read/write and offline use.
4) Yes. Zimbra does all the leg work and you can sync to multiple clients and devices at the same time.
adobrin
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by adobrin »

this seems to be only syncing calendar (not mail) info, is that correct?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="adobrin"]this seems to be only syncing calendar (not mail) info, is that correct?[/QUOTE]
For the 650 it's calendar only. For WM5/Treo 700w it's Calendar/Contacts. For mail you can use IMAP.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by soxfan »

I just downloaded 3.1 and upgraded my system. One of the new features that I am interested in web-based calendar alerts. However, I tried to setup a new calendar item, and I don't see any option for setting an alert. I also looked at both user and admin options and don't see anything there related to this feature. Am I just missing something?
All the documentation on the web site is still referring to version 3.0. I'd like to read up on all the new features. Am I just being too impatient?
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by marcmac »

We're working on getting the docs updated now, with our hosting company.
As for calendar reminders - did you check the options page in your account, to set the reminder time?
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by soxfan »

I looked on the options page for my account and I don't see anything new related to calendar reminders.
hikenboots

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by hikenboots »

First:

Thanks for the hard work, it just gets better and better!
Questions:

What is the admin console > COS > "Sharing" checkbox for?

Do you think that longer time durations may be added to calendar reminders?

I can't find it explicitly so I'll ask: Is the PDA sync available in OSS?