Zimbra Debian Support

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by marcmac »

When you checked port 7025, did you check from the zimbra server to the IP that showed up in the logs? Not to localhost, or 127.0.0.1?
hollo

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by hollo »

I did it.. err.. you did it marc =) anyway, i just opened port 7025 and that did it.. hmm i dont know if i should make a complete guide for debian... from a complete fresh small installation? i just dont find any of the other here very usefull.. there needs a couple of missing liberies. Or whould that just be waste of time?
well i have installed the system on a vmware.. and i get the error with missing service.war and some other .war file under the install of deb packages, but is there any need for a new howto from a fresh console only install?
nswenson

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by nswenson »

It is possible to install a base debian system that does not include openssl. It looks like openssl is required to create all the certificates for ldap. It might be nice to check for openssl at the beginning of the install.
Besides that, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DEBIAN INSTALL! It is running in VMWARE right now and tomorrow I'm going to install on a real machine for continued testing.
This seems like a really great product. Good luck.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by 14319KevinH »

I think we ship the openssl libs that we need. Are you getting errors? Might just be an ld.conf problem.
1530tommie

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by 1530tommie »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]I think we ship the openssl libs that we need. Are you getting errors? Might just be an ld.conf problem.[/QUOTE]
I confirm the openssl problem... It doesn't work, I have added your openssl path to the ld.so.conf but this does not work :(
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by marcmac »

I've added openssl to the debian prereq list, since it's not installed by default.
1530tommie

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by 1530tommie »

[quote user="marcmac"]I've added openssl to the debian prereq list, since it's not installed by default.[/QUOTE]
Marcmac can you also add libxml2 and perl-base? I noticed that there are errors... I think this is also not standard available... I have a minimal install...
1530tommie

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by 1530tommie »

[quote user="1530tommie"]Marcmac can you also add libxml2 and perl-base? I noticed that there are errors... I think this is also not standard available... I have a minimal install...[/QUOTE]
Still errors in the log also libstdc++6 is not installed by default, can you also check on this?
1530tommie

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by 1530tommie »

Hi,
is it possible that there is a bug when trying to send HTML Mails. When I recieve an HTML mail and click reply I can not enter anything in the box... Also when making new mail and choosing an HTML mail, I can't type anything, when changing this to Plain Text I can edit the text.
Thanks!
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Zimbra Debian Support

Post by marcmac »

I believe there is a bug on this.
WHen you hit reply, are you in conversation view, or message view? Is the message open? Are you composing in a new window?
I believe that compose in the same window, reply while the message is open will cause it to show up.