Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
jdybik33204

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by jdybik33204 »

Curious to hear what people think about the beta. Post your comments here or drop a note to beta@zimbra.com.
Cheers!
14645ApolloDS

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by 14645ApolloDS »

Hi jdybik,

Well ZCS 8 is great, I like the new stile and the VoIP Integration.

One problem is the Calendar. I'm still not be able to add Calendar entries on different days (Example: "Check Backup" on Monday, Wednesday, Friday on 08:00 - 08:30). How can I add multiple not following days in the Calendar?
Thanks

Peter
jdybik33204

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by jdybik33204 »

[quote]HI JDYBIK,

WELL ZCS 8 IS GREAT, I LIKE THE NEW STILE AND THE VOIP INTEGRATION.

ONE PROBLEM IS THE CALENDAR. I'M STILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADD CALENDAR ENTRIES ON DIFFERENT DAYS (EXAMPLE: "CHECK BACKUP" ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY ON 08:00 - 08:30). HOW CAN I ADD MULTIPLE NOT FOLLOWING DAYS IN THE CALENDAR?
THANKS

PETER[/QUOTE]
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. WHEN CREATING A CALENDAR APPOINTMENT, CHOOSE A RECURRENCE PATTERN AND THEN SELECT CUSTOMIZE.

Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 11.20.18 AM.png
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by uxbod »

Would have loved if "Copy a Contact" was available in ZCS8. Our clients are screaming out for it. Additionally I thought that as IM was being pulled from ZCS8 that a new XMPP Zimlet was going to be made available ?
Andy.pflaum

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by Andy.pflaum »

@uxbod, can you clarify what enhancement (from Bugzilla) that you are referring to? I searched in Bugzilla for "component = Contacts, client = Web", and got these results, but none of them appear to be exactly what you're requesting:
Meantime">http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/buglist.cgi? ... alue0-0-0=
Meantime, there is a clunky work-around for what you've requested. I'm not suggesting this is a good user experience, but it can accomplish (in a quite round-about way) what you're asking for:

- Click on the dial next to the "Address Books" header in the left-hand-nav, and choose "New Address Book"

- Shift-drag a contact that you want to copy from, to that new Address Book. This will create a copy of the contact

- Edit the contact in that new Address Book, then drag it back to the original address book (drag rather than shift-drag, so that you've actually moved the final contact, rather than copied it)
14645ApolloDS

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by 14645ApolloDS »

Hi jdybik,

Thanks this solves it, adding multiple different days into the calendar.

This option is not very obvious to find but it works.
Peter
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by uxbod »

@Andy. I will check our service desk tickets as I am sure I made a note of the RFE. Based on your linky I guess Bug 48227 – Need to be able to Create a Contact from an existing GAL entry is the closest as whether from the GAL or local address book one should be able to copy/clone an existing contact. If you have 30 contacts at the same company it is very tedious to have to add each one individually as most of the detail will most probably be the same.
Any response regarding an XMPP Zimlet please ?
On the whole really liking the ZCS Beta 8 experience in my lab. Love the new Serentity theme as it is very clear and crisp :D
jdybik33204

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by jdybik33204 »

[quote user="uxbod"]@Andy. I will check our service desk tickets as I am sure I made a note of the RFE. Based on your linky I guess Bug 48227 – Need to be able to Create a Contact from an existing GAL entry is the closest as whether from the GAL or local address book one should be able to copy/clone an existing contact. If you have 30 contacts at the same company it is very tedious to have to add each one individually as most of the detail will most probably be the same.
Any response regarding an XMPP Zimlet please ?
On the whole really liking the ZCS Beta 8 experience in my lab. Love the new Serentity theme as it is very clear and crisp :D[/QUOTE]
Not intuitive at all, but it is possible to copy a contact from the GAL.
1. Search the GAL for a contact.

2. Right click > Edit on the email address for the contact you want in the search results.

3. (optional) at the far right of the edit screen, you can change the address book that the contact will be saved to. Default is "Contacts"

4. Click Save
The result is a contact saved from the GAL in whatever address book you have privileges to modify.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by uxbod »

Our clients wish the functionality to be more like FAT email clients; right click on a contact and select copy. Should I file an RFE for it ?
jdybik33204

Zcs 8 beta feedback!!!

Post by jdybik33204 »

[quote user="uxbod"]Our clients wish the functionality to be more like FAT email clients; right click on a contact and select copy. Should I file an RFE for it ?[/QUOTE]
PLease do. Any specifics on use case, scenarios, etc will help our designers nail the experience. Send me the Bug # too.
Cheers!