Admin Console Session Timeout

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
unilogic
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by unilogic »

Is there a way to make the admin UI expire its session after a set amount of time like you can set with the user UI? This is probably would be a good security measure as it would force a logout of a admin session after a certain amount of inactivity.
Ben
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Good question. I think the Admin user can have a session timeout just like a normal user. If not it should. Might not be able to edit that in the admin UI but it should be settable from zmprov. Seems like something the admin UI should add if it's not there today.
unilogic
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by unilogic »

From my experience, i.e. leaving an admin UI open all night long, it doesn't time out. I'll test it more tonight.
unilogic
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by unilogic »

Well there is a zimbraAdminAuthTokenLifetime for each user and in the default CoS. This is a default 12 hours set which is a bit high if you ask me. There is no value for idle timeout like the client UI has, i.e. zimbraMailIdleSessionTimeout. So the admin UI doesn't seem to log itself out even with AuthTokenLifetime set short. Also I think in the Admin UI the time settings for Session Idle Timeout and AuthToken Lifetime should have a minutes option in the pull down next to it. One hour is quite a long time for idle logout.
Ben
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Those both seem like valid enhancements.