How to compile the zimbra?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sshgz »

I want to compile the zimbra, but i don't know how to do it.
RyecoAaron
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by RyecoAaron »

Start with build_cvs_howto.txt in the /trunk/ZimbraServer/docs/ directory on SourceForge link. It is kind of outdated though.
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sshgz »

[quote user="RyecoAaron"]Start with build_cvs_howto.txt in the /trunk/ZimbraServer/docs/ directory on SourceForge link. It is kind of outdated though.[/QUOTE]
I want to know which developement tools i need, and how to build the developement environment.
Thank you very much.
RyecoAaron
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by RyecoAaron »

[quote user="sshgz"]I want to know which developement tools i need, and how to build the developement environment.
Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]
I think you just need the gcc compiler (depending on platform) because the rest of the tools you need are listed in the document. As for the environment, I tried from the command line in Gentoo but never had much luck. I gave up and just use the binary FC4 version. Maybe someone else has had better luck and can shine some light on the subject.
kiwicmc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by kiwicmc »

Looks for Peter's document in the wiki for setting up a dev environment under Ubantu.
Look for a posting by KevinH for the link to the wiki - that's how I always find it ...
RyecoAaron
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by RyecoAaron »

Thanks! I hadn't looked at the wiki in a while. I will have to try that. link to building Zimbra on Ubuntu
Link to building Zimbra on FC5
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

FYI.. Since the code is now in SVN there may be problems. Please let us know if you run into any errors. We plan to make a simple fast build script that should make this easier going forward.
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sshgz »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]FYI.. Since the code is now in SVN there may be problems. Please let us know if you run into any errors. We plan to make a simple fast build script that should make this easier going forward.[/QUOTE]
I think it is a good thing to make a simple fast build script, so that more people would join into the development work.