Zimbra Database

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
jdk

Zimbra Database

Post by jdk »

Hi,
i want to access Zimbra Database(Mysql) using external java code, Could you please tell how could i do that?
also please tell me about database details, where it is placed,how can i edit DB etc..
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Database

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="jdk"]also please tell me about database details, where it is placed,how can i edit DB etc..[/QUOTE]You should not tamper with the Zimbra MySQL instance, you might break your Zimbra server and any changes you make probably survive after an upgrade.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
10142Jignesh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Database

Post by 10142Jignesh »

YOu will find all the stuffs in Soap Provisioning.
jdk

Zimbra Database

Post by jdk »

Hi jignesh,
could you please tell which table is there in Zimbra DB is used for storing free-busy information.
10119metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Database

Post by 10119metux »

If you just look for an abstraction on accessing the local mailboxd node database, you can use zcs-lib-vnc-common for that:

This">https://github.com/vnc-biz/zcs-lib-vnc-common
This library is entirely designed for use with zmpkg, so you'll need that:
https://github.com/vnc-biz/zcs-zmpkg
>

By the way: you can easily add new tables to the database (as long as you choose their names wisely, so future updates wont conflict that, eg. by using some separate namespace). zmpkg also provides an easy way for automatically applying sql scripts on deployment.
BUT: you need to be aware that each mailboxd node has it's own mysql database instance, so multiserver-setups can become a bit tricky that way !