Blank Screen

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
559jwilson

Blank Screen

Post by 559jwilson »

The gzip=false method is not working. Is there anything else that I can try?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blank Screen

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="559jwilson"]The gzip=false method is not working. Is there anything else that I can try?[/QUOTE]
You get the same error? Remember you need to clear the cache and restart IE/Firefox to make sure it's a clean download.
559jwilson

Blank Screen

Post by 559jwilson »

I've done all that? still nothing. Is there any other software that doesn't get along with zimbra?
559jwilson

Blank Screen

Post by 559jwilson »

Ok now listen to this. The same person can access zimbra from dial-up. Now she is using satelitte internet. So I thought maybe it was the satelitte but she has another computer in the house that uses satelitte and can access zimbra. I'm totally confused right now. She did say they got this error at the bottom of the page from the computer that doesn't work.

Line 2 7814 Character 2 permission denied code 0.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blank Screen

Post by 14319KevinH »

That makes me 99% sure this is a bad proxy in the middle. Can you have them use Firefox. IE errors suck. Firefox also isn't infected with the gzip problems.
559jwilson

Blank Screen

Post by 559jwilson »

Ok I've tried FireFox same issue.
I have another question. People on dial-up and some wireless are telling me that it is taking anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half to check mail. Is this normal or is there something we can do to dramatically reduce this time.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blank Screen

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="559jwilson"]Ok I've tried FireFox same issue.
I have another question. People on dial-up and some wireless are telling me that it is taking anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half to check mail. Is this normal or is there something we can do to dramatically reduce this time.[/QUOTE]
30min - 1.5 hrs seems way too long. There is *alot* of data to get the first time ~800k but this is cached. I've seen it take ~10min the first time, but after that is just ~25sec. So the key is to make sure they use the http (not https) url and that they have caching enabled. It's also strongly recommended that they use Firefox as it's much quicker that IE.
We are working on a more stripped down web UI that will work better on slower connections and low bandwidth situations.