zmtrainsa broken after upgrade to v 4.0

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
neilmc

Post by neilmc »

[quote user="8224pepijn"]

To verify, I symlinked /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin to /etc/mail/spamassassin and reran zmtrainsa for a user who badly needs to train spam. Lo and behold it worked and processed his entire Junk folder.
...........snip...........
Hopefully others can report their findings.
pepijn.[/QUOTE]
Thanks pepijn, that seemed to fix it for us. (no more message about the site rules directory being missing).
1752lightman

Post by 1752lightman »

[quote user="8224pepijn"]

To verify, I symlinked /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin to /etc/mail/spamassassin and reran zmtrainsa for a user who badly needs to train spam. Lo and behold it worked and processed his entire Junk folder.
Hopefully others can report their findings.
pepijn.[/QUOTE]

Creating the symlink also worked for me as well. My server is now processing 2200+ messages on one of my accounts. Thank you for mucking around in the configs and noticing that.
Phoenix - this seems straight forward, but is there a chance we are messing anything up? I assume that some subsequent version of Zimbra would just have a modified config if it turns out this is the answer.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Anyone file a bug on this?
8224pepijn

Post by 8224pepijn »

I haven't as of yet, mostly because I'm not sure whether:
1. I am just providing a workaround for something that is configured by Zimbra someplace else, and this config is missing and was not being recreated during a previous upgrade

2. There should be a symlink in place at the two locations mentioned in the amavisd script and they somehow did not get recreated during a previous upgrade
I'd gladly file a bug if it is deemed to be one.
pepijn.
dijichi2
Elite member
Elite member

Post by dijichi2 »

[QUOTE]So a quick check of the amavisd script at /opt/zimbra/amavisd/sbin/amavisd seemed to suggest that by default all rules are looked for at /etc/mail/spamassassin and /usr/local/share/spamassassin:
Code:

# DEF_RULES_DIR => '/usr/local/share/spamassassin',

# LOCAL_RULES_DIR => '/etc/mail/spamassassin',[/QUOTE]
the # means the line is commented out, although if there is no other override that indicates the default value. however, zimbra amavis uses /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf as the config file which is created from /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in each invocation. the sa rules dir is specified by $sa_site_rules_file - what does this say in yours?
8224pepijn

Post by 8224pepijn »

[quote user="dijichi2"]the # means the line is commented out, although if there is no other override that indicates the default value. however, zimbra amavis uses /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf as the config file which is created from /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in each invocation. the sa rules dir is specified by $sa_site_rules_file - what does this say in yours?[/QUOTE]
Right, I know it's commented out and as you note it typically indicates a default setting. This is why I am thinking that I'm just providing a workaround for something that should be coming from a Zimbra config file like /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf. Mine contains the following (logical looking) settings:
$sa_rules_file = '/opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf';

$sa_site_rules_file = '/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin';

$sa_userprefs_file = '/opt/zimbra/conf/sauser.cf';
Looks like these settings are not making it through to zmtrainsa when it runs.
pepijn.
tyco
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by tyco »

hi
i have the same here on my box running debian sarge with 2.6.x kernel
Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).

ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information

fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 25

not flushed

reading message user@mydomain.com@localhost.localdomain:46 of 1901 (566 header octets) (759 body octets) .config: could not find site rules directory

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: File exists
zimbra what is the proper solution?
thanx
12424SeanG
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 12424SeanG »