Admins cant view mail anymore

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tajohnson

Post by tajohnson »

Running Ubuntu 10.4, and upgraded from 7.2.1 to 8.0.0 today, and everything looks like it working fine. But now the admins have no option to view mail for users. It was there in 7.2. I have done a fair bit of searching today, everything I found says it should still be there, but not where to look to make sure my Global Admin have access. Any advice will help.
Tim
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote]RUNNING UBUNTU 10.4, AND UPGRADED FROM 7.2.1 TO 8.0.0 TODAY, AND EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE IT WORKING FINE. BUT NOW THE ADMINS HAVE NO OPTION TO VIEW MAIL FOR USERS. IT WAS THERE IN 7.2. I HAVE DONE A FAIR BIT OF SEARCHING TODAY, EVERYTHING I FOUND SAYS IT SHOULD STILL BE THERE, BUT NOT WHERE TO LOOK TO MAKE SURE MY GLOBAL ADMIN HAVE ACCESS. ANY ADVICE WILL HELP.[/QUOTE]IT IS THERE, TAKE A LOOK AT THE 'SETTINGS' DROP DOWN (THE GEAR WHEEL IN THE ATTACHED SHOT) AND CLICK ON THAT AND YOU SHOULD SEE A SETTING FOR VIEW MAIL.

view mail.png
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
tajohnson

Post by tajohnson »

[quote]IT IS THERE, TAKE A LOOK AT THE 'SETTINGS' DROP DOWN (THE GEAR WHEEL IN THE ATTACHED SHOT) AND CLICK ON THAT AND YOU SHOULD SEE A SETTING FOR VIEW MAIL.
[/QUOTE]
YEA, I KNOW ABOUT THE GEAR. TRUST ME, I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH ALL TYPES OF POST FOR MANY VERSIONS OF ZCS. I HAVE SEARCHED ALL THROUGH THE ADMIN GUI. I EVEN TRIED USING ZMPROV TO ADD THE ADMINLOGINAS(MIGHT NOT BE SPELLED RIGHT I AM ON MY TABLET NOW), BUT ZIMBRA CAME BACK WITH AN ERROR SAYING I COULDN'T DO THAT TO GLOBAL ADMINS.
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

In the last version this had to do with the url you are using. it had to be the fqn of the zimbra server. I had this problem on zimbra 7
tajohnson

Post by tajohnson »

[quote]IN THE LAST VERSION THIS HAD TO DO WITH THE URL YOU ARE USING. IT HAD TO BE THE FQN OF THE ZIMBRA SERVER. I HAD THIS PROBLEM ON ZIMBRA 7[/QUOTE]
IT WORKED IN ZIMBRA 7, HAVENT CHANGED ANYTHING, JUST RAN THE INSTALL SCRIPT AND WAITED. I HAVE TRIED USING SEVERAL OF THE DOMAINS INCLUDING THE ONE UBUNTU IS SETUP FOR.

IMG_20120912_234744.jpg
cisco72

Post by cisco72 »

hello

I just installed zimbra 8

button to view the email from the administrator console is not present

how you can enable.
thanks
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

could be a browser issue, have you tried an other browser?
cisco72

Post by cisco72 »

I tested with many browsers Firefox, IE, Safari

there is always the same problem missing menu entry
tajohnson

Post by tajohnson »

I have tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I will try firefox at work tomorrow.
tajohnson

Post by tajohnson »

I WAS LOOKING THROUGH THE DEVELOPER TOOLS IN CHROME. AM I READING THIS RIGHT, THAT MY ACCOUNT HAS THE RIGHT PERMISSIONS SET?

zimbraRights.jpg