Firefox 2.0.0.6 breaks admin UI?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bjared »

So far we've only been able to duplicate this on Firefox 2.0.0.6, as the "View Mail" button for account management works fine in Firefox 1.5.0.12.
Here's a screenshot of the error:
http://g3.org/zimbra-error.jpg />
We're running NE ZCS 4.5.6 and to get this error, all we have to do is highlight an account and click "View Mail". A Firefox "Security Warning" will pop up, and say, "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information? [Continue] [Cancel]"
Are we the only ones experiencing this? If I find some magical security setting to disable, I'll be sure to share.
--Brian
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It's been mentioned in the forums a few times already, it's a bug and will be fixed in 4.5.7
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
easytouch
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by easytouch »

I am usingFirefox 2 for Development and daily work. For the Zimbra Admin Userinterface I use Firefox 1.5.0.7 Portable Edition to keep the Admin work seperate from the daily work.
You can use this trick to have Firefox 2 as main application and FF 1.5 portable for Admin User Interface work.
Run Firefox 2.0 and 1.5 side by side | Muffin Research Labs by Stuart Colville
read the instructions there and the comments carefully to save your settings and prevent from running both at the same time.
I use it now until 4.5.7 arrives.
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bjared »

I did a few searches in the forums, and couldn't find anything. Glad to know it's not just me, and glad to know a fix is coming. :)
Thanks again!

--Brian
iceruam
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by iceruam »

Is this a firefox issue or zimbra? it works one previous versions and ie6
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador