Windows 8 cannot add Zimbra account.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
1415bhwong
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 1415bhwong »

Anyone manage to add Zimbra Account into Windows 8? There is similar issue with Windows Mobile where we need to install a Zimbra Certificate first before it allows us to add a Zimbra Account as Outlook/Exchange account. But installing the Zimbra Certificate on Windows 8 does not resolve the issue. Anyone successfully done this please share your solution.
bunclodyboy

Post by bunclodyboy »

I would love to know the answer. When I try to register the account I get the error message telling me that Windows 8 does not support POP3 accounts. My broadband supplier says it is a matter for Zimbra. In the meantime I am going onto my e-mail supplier site to get my mail and that is a pain in the rear end.
1415bhwong
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 1415bhwong »

[quote user="bunclodyboy"]I would love to know the answer. When I try to register the account I get the error message telling me that Windows 8 does not support POP3 accounts. My broadband supplier says it is a matter for Zimbra. In the meantime I am going onto my e-mail supplier site to get my mail and that is a pain in the rear end.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to add Zimbra account as IMAP instead of POP3. I want to add as Exchange Account so that beside the email, the address book and calendar will also be in sync. Alternative is to look for CardDAV and CalDAV client to sync them separately.
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by iway »

Yes, it is possible to add a Zimbra 7 account as Exchange in Windows 8 (works with Mail, Calendar and Contacts). Works fine, except downloads of file are not possible in mail app.
1415bhwong
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 1415bhwong »

[quote user="iway"]Yes, it is possible to add a Zimbra 7 account as Exchange in Windows 8 (works with Mail, Calendar and Contacts). Works fine, except downloads of file are not possible in mail app.[/QUOTE]
How do you add without error?
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1230zaf »

Any explanations or workaround for the inability to download attachments?
summersoul

Post by summersoul »

[quote user="1230zaf"]Any explanations or workaround for the inability to download attachments?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they'll create a connector soon enough, but I'd love to know when that will happen. I like the win8 mail client with touch, but I need it to grab my zimbra cal/email/contacts.
sevenbeers

Post by sevenbeers »

I normally use zextras mobile to connect my windows8 with zimbra (cal/mail/contact)

no problem with attachments!

Bye
random user

Post by random user »

[quote user="iway"]Yes, it is possible to add a Zimbra 7 account as Exchange in Windows 8 (works with Mail, Calendar and Contacts). Works fine, except downloads of file are not possible in mail app.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for that useful post. I'm sure that bhwong asked if anyone had been able to do it, just to inspire himself to keep banging his head against the wall.
How about you share your solution, if you have one.
557wentum

Post by 557wentum »

I experienced the same behaviour.

As a workaround I activated http and then it went smoothly. But be aware of the security issue!! For me it's ok inside my firewall.

To activate http and https try this one as zimbra: 'zmtlsctl both'

Then 'zmcontrol stop' and 'zmcontrol start'