5 minute sign out warning ever time I log in using Zimbra 8

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bgodbolt

Post by bgodbolt »

I have tried to search for this issue but haven't found anything so I appoligize in advance if it's already been asked in the forum.
I recently upgraded from Zimbra 7.2.0 running on Ubuntu 8.04 to Zimbra 8 running on Ubuntu 12.04, and now every time I log into the web client I get the message:
"You will be signed out in 5 minutes. Save your changes now and sign in again."
However, it doesn't actually sign me out so it isn't a severe problem but it would be nice to eliminate it. I have tried things like clearing the browser cache and invalidating all the sessions for my user in the administrator console. Also the server has been rebooted after the install of zimbra 8. Since this issue doesn't seem to be common in the forums I'm assuming it's something minor, but I would really appreciate any help resolving it since I can't seem to fix the problem.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

check your zimbraAuthTokenLifetime config for the cos. i found that having this set too high (mine was at 30d) caused this. setting it down to 5 fixed it
bgodbolt

Post by bgodbolt »

[quote user="bdial"]check your zimbraAuthTokenLifetime config for the cos. i found that having this set too high (mine was at 30d) caused this. setting it down to 5 fixed it[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That solved it.
jwagner

Post by jwagner »

This will be fixed in 7.2.2 & 8.0.2:

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=78645