[SOLVED] Server Statistics: Not Showing Information

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
leebrent

Post by leebrent »

Hello,
I have the newest version of Zimbra running on a Fedora 7 Installation. Everything seems to be working fine, but my statistics for the last 48 hours, and 30 days do not show data. The 30 day one shows all the mail being delivered up until 2 days ago.
Can someone direct me with what I can do to look for errors related to this?
Many Thanks,
Brent.
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

I have been having similar issues. I believe it is an issue with the logger for postfix related events stopping for 12 hours every once in a while...but after 12 hours it comes back up with no interaction. The amavis spam count and disk stats are not affected by this.
leebrent

Post by leebrent »

Is there any way I can troubleshoot this issue, or provide zimbra with data to debug it?
2423bradb21
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 2423bradb21 »

I had similar issue when I was running SuSE. I had to mod a couple files, and then everything worked fine. I got documentation at home, but don't have it with me at work. I don't know if it will work on Fedora, but it will fix the problem on SuSE. I have a couple friends who had the same problem on SuSE and this fixed them as well. If you're interested I can post them when I get home in a couple hours. Let me know.
leebrent

Post by leebrent »

Documentation would be great. I will give it a try on FC7, and if it works, I will spread the word to anyone who has a similar issue in the future.
2423bradb21
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 2423bradb21 »

I know this worked on SuSE, so give it a try of you're SuSE. I can't make that claim for FC, so make a backup of files you change.
I wish I could give credit to the people that figured this out, but I got this information from several postings after much time digging on these forums.

Step 1. - I remember one of these files not being in the location I list here. I had to search for it, and I never updated my doc (sorry).

Change the line with "killall -HUP syslogd" in this files to

"/sbin/rcsyslog restart"
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup

/opt/zimbra/conf/zmlogrotate

/etc/logrotate.d/zimbra
Step 2.

(stop Zimbra)

su - zimbra

zmcontrol stop

exit
Restart syslog-ng with: "/sbin/rcsyslog restart"

mount -a