archiving disabled accounts

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
maumar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by maumar »

i need a suggestion :)

i would archive inactive accounts; i cannot delete them without loosing their emails, i cannot disable them without wasting license slots.

One solution can be to setup an opensource zimbra and put there these older accounts.

Of course the domains must be the same in the 2 servers, so i think to put OS Zimbra inside intranet.

Only admin should access this Zimbra OS with older accounts.
How can migrate accounts between them? can i backup these accounts and restore them without issues?
tia

maurizio
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by davidfsmith »

oooh, ability to archive accounts, now that would be a very useful feature...
bonoboslr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bonoboslr »

Let me understand this - you are using NE? You cannot have multi server setup with OS edition. If you intend on recycling the licences, then it is not really going to work. If not, then why not install another zimbra NE mailstore and use the migrate mailbox facility to do this. You could even just use a virtual machine as the archive mailstore.

Then when the user accesses the account again, migrate them back.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

[quote user="bonoboslr"]You cannot have multi server setup with OS edition.[/quote]

Are you sure of that ???

I'm quite sure you can...
What you can't do is mix OSE and NE inside the same infrastructure/setup (ie: same LDAP tree).
bonoboslr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bonoboslr »

Ok. Sorry, I was under the impression that you could not have a multi server setup on OSE.

Ok but I am not sure what he means by cannot disable them without wasting license slots. If I am not mistaken, I think he means he does not want to utilize a license for accounts that are not accessed. This is something that will not be able to work...