mboxgroup problem on upgrading 7.2 to 8.5

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
darvil

Postby darvil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Here's the error I got.
[QUOTE]

DB: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mboxgroup79.tagged_item (

mailbox_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

tag_id INTEGER NOT NULL,

item_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
UNIQUE INDEX i_tagged_item_unique (mailbox_id, tag_id, item_id),

CONSTRAINT fk_tagged_item_tag FOREIGN KEY (mailbox_id, tag_id) REFERENCES mboxgroup79.tag(mailbox_id, id) ON DELETE CASCADE,

CONSTRAINT fk_tagged_item_item FOREIGN KEY (mailbox_id, item_id) REFERENCES mboxgroup79.mail_item(mailbox_id, id) ON DELETE CASCADE

) ENGINE = InnoDB;: Can't create table `mboxgroup79`.`tagged_item` (errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed")
Script failed with code 256: - exiting

UPGRADE FAILED - exiting.[/QUOTE]

It seems that mboxgroup79 - mboxgroup82 were failing because there is only the TAG table in these databases unlike the others (not exactly sure why this is either). After I remove these databases (79-82), I was able to upgrade zimbra to 8.5 without any issues. Everything seemed to be dandy after this but I wanted to verify with people here to make sure there might be something I'm missing. I actually haven't upgraded the production server yet. This was on a snapshot vps so I want to get all the steps right before doing it on the real thing.
I looked at the following link but it didn't seem cleared to me whether I'm suppose to recreate the databases or whether its okay to leave it missing. In recreating the database is there a skeleton sql file I can use? It would seem the file /opt/zimbra/db/create_database.sql would fit the bill.
Account mailbox database structure - Zimbra :: Wiki
Any tips on what should be done correctly?
Thank you for reading.

pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby pup_seba » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:47 am

Hi,

I didn't try yet to upgrade from 7.2 to 8.5. I did succesfully upgrade from 8.0.7 to 8.5 with no errors.

I don't know much about MySQL but from what you explain, you explain that you are using a snapshot. I faced corrupted MySQL databases in the past for using virtual machine level snapshots.

I don't know if this applies to you or even if this could even cause the problem you describe but if you are using a snapshot, make sure that the MySQL was stopped during the time the snapshot was taken.

Return to “Administrators”