Problems Syncing Treo 680 for the first time

Take your Zimbra with you!
mmennen

Post by mmennen »

I have set my Treo back to the factory settings, it comes with VersaMail 3.5.1 and I have very few contacts or appts in my Zimbra, but I get this message when trying to sync over the air with the Treo:
AirSAMSMEmail.c 2636 1 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1 X-Powered-By: Zimbra Collaboration Server Pragma: no
Can anyone help? Other employees with Treo 700 have had no problem syncing with the same Zimbra server......
Thanks,

Mikaela
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gmsmith »

One thing that is help when we have run into these kinds of problems is to do a hard reset of the device and try a fresh sync from the Zimbra server.
mmennen

Post by mmennen »

Thanks for your suggestion - but I have already tried that. I got this error message right after I had done a hard re-set to the factory settings of my Treo and was trying to sync for the first time with Zimbra Mobile (I had never tried to sync before I re-set the Treo).
Let me know if you have any other suggestions!
Thanks,

Mikaela
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

From what I understand, Versamail doesn't support selfsigned certs (JJ step in if I'm wrong)
It appears that you aren't the only one having trouble. This thread:

Active Sync (Versamail) problem - TreoCentral.com
reveals others having the same issue.

I found this possible solution in the thread:
Check out microsoft knowldge base article.
Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003
Use method 2
disregardsteps 13 and 14.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

If you get an HTTP 500 type of error then it's probably not an SSL certificate issue because SSL issues are at a lower level. If others using the same server have no problem but you can this error, it could be related to some data in your mailbox. The best way to debug this is for your system admin to file a support ticket and provide the mobile sync transactions of your account from sync.log. Thanks!