zimbra desktop - oracle beehive - exchange imap

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
michael.higgins

Post by michael.higgins »

I have just installed Oracle Beehive, set the MX records and configured.
I created a new Exchange IMAP account in my Zimbra Desktop client on my PC and connected !!
I then create the exact same account on my Apple Mac Zimbra and connected.
But - if I move an email from inbox to some other folder on the PC client, that change is NOT seen by the client on the Mac and the other way around.
Maybe I just don't understand IMAP, but it was my expectation that the folders would be sync'ed ??
michael.higgins

Sync is occuring for mail, but no calendar and tasks.
Any ideas ??
king0770
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by king0770 »

[quote user="michael.higgins"]I have just installed Oracle Beehive, set the MX records and configured.
I created a new Exchange IMAP account in my Zimbra Desktop client on my PC and connected !!
I then create the exact same account on my Apple Mac Zimbra and connected.
But - if I move an email from inbox to some other folder on the PC client, that change is NOT seen by the client on the Mac and the other way around.
Maybe I just don't understand IMAP, but it was my expectation that the folders would be sync'ed ??[/QUOTE]

Changes to the local folders would only be for local client, and wouldn't get propagated to other ZD clients.
--
Rick King
king0770
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by king0770 »

[quote user="michael.higgins"]Sync is occuring for mail, but no calendar and tasks.
Any ideas ??[/QUOTE]

IMAP connections are typically for messages, and doesn't include calendar and tasks.
--
Rick King
michael.higgins

um - no sorry - that is no where near correct.
if you would read the IMAP/MAPI specifications, or perhaps run a real IMAP client you would know that sync occurs for tasks, folders, address books, and mail.
you shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about, it's just not polite.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

[quote user="michael.higgins"]

you shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about, it's just not polite.[/quote]
Neither is being a jerk to our employees who give FREE support on a FREE product. If I see it again, I'll ban you. I don't like jerks, and I especially don't like jerks who are filled with narcissism.
This thread is closed.