Zimbra 8.6.0 distribution list members disapearing

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
zanthius

Zimbra 8.6.0 distribution list members disapearing

Post by zanthius »

Hi all,

I had a few users complain to me that new personal distribution lists they are creating are disappearing. I had a look in their accounts and found the list is still there, but there were no members.

Thinking it was just a user error, I created my own list and populated it with a few people. Left it overnight and checked it this morning, well, they were right. The list still exists, but there are no members.

Anyone like to hazard a guess on what's causing this?

We are using the web interface to zimbra, no one has the desktop installed as it's a shared environment.

Thanks!
zanthius

Re: Zimbra 8.6.0 distribution list members disapearing

Post by zanthius »

Just done some more testing... it seems that logging out and back in causes the list members to disappear... how odd.
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by quanah »

zanthius wrote:Just done some more testing... it seems that logging out and back in causes the list members to disappear... how odd.
Can you please file a bug at https://bugzilla.zimbra.com with exact reproduction steps? Thanks.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/
thezfactor

Post by thezfactor »

I have the same issues
After searching i found on this link.

https://community.zimbra.com/collaborat ... /t/1139949

"It looks as if the web interface is not loading the "Member of" information. If you change any of the other information of the account and then save the account, it removes this information. Search your audit log for this:
ModifyAccountRequest
You will see it save your changes and then delete the Distribution List after that with RemoveDistributionListMemberRequest. It looks like a bug"

Please Help.
zanthius

Post by zanthius »

I did glance at that one, but stopped after reading OP's resolution about someone forwarding e-mails to someone else??

Having a better look now does seem to be it. I have a bug open now (may be a dupe) ID: 104691
thomas.klaube
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15P33

Post by thomas.klaube »

Hi,

I tried to reproduce in ZCS 8.6.0 (P6) and followed you instructions in Bug 104691. But for me it seems to be working as expected. The personale distribution list (aka. contact list) is still there and populated after re-login.

We had some complains (some time ago) that there could be a problem with shared (!) contact lists (contact lists, that exist in a shared addressbook folder). Is your contact list placed in a shared addressbook? Or does it
contain entries from a shared addressbook?

Regards
Thomas
thezfactor

Post by thezfactor »

The system was upgraded from ZCS 6.0 32 bit, that was about 4 years ago with 500 users and 250 distribution list, when you edit someuser and click "Member Of" it will show "loading" then you close the editor and open again it will show the DSL, the problem seems intermittent. The problem start when upgraded to 8.6 before thats using 8.5 it is OK.
zanthius

Post by zanthius »

thomas.klaube wrote:Hi,

I tried to reproduce in ZCS 8.6.0 (P6) and followed you instructions in Bug 104691. But for me it seems to be working as expected. The personale distribution list (aka. contact list) is still there and populated after re-login.

We had some complains (some time ago) that there could be a problem with shared (!) contact lists (contact lists, that exist in a shared addressbook folder). Is your contact list placed in a shared addressbook? Or does it
contain entries from a shared addressbook?

Regards
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Nope, it's my own personal mailbox (it's not shared with anyone else) and i'm creating it in my own contact list.

I do have a shared inbox attached to my account with its own contact list though, but i'm 100% the list I create is in my own contact list, not the shared mailbox's contacts.

We to have upgraded our zimbra, but from 8.0.1 to 8.6
thezfactor

Post by thezfactor »

Downgrade from 8.6 P6 to 8.6 1153 fix the issues, gonna wait for 8.7.
lethargos

Post by lethargos »

I think zimbra 8.7 has been available for some time now, hasn't it?
[didn't realise this was 1 year old, thought it was the same year:) )

By the way, I also have the same problem, a year on, using version 8.6. Users are somehow being removed from distribution lists and the "Member of" section displays "Loading" usually (mostly) when there are no distribution lists associated with the respective user.