Briefcase/WebDAV - GoodReader on iPad sync issue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
AudunDD

Post by AudunDD »

Apple iPad software version 5.0.1 (9A405)

App: GoodReader 3.12.0 (goodiware.com :: products :: GoodReader)
Zimbra CS OSE 7.1.3_GA_3346 (build 20110928134610) . (Found in Help | About in Web interface.)

Ubuntu 10.4.3 LTS.
--
we evaluate Zimbra and I have an issue with WebDAV sync in GoodReader.

Uploading new files is not a problem. GoodReader prompts with a 403 Forbidden error msg

when I try to upload a locally changed file, ie. PDF with new annotations.
Can this be related to similar behaviour as TextEdit in bug 51714 #7 (Bug 51714 – Not able to edit files using TextEdit from mounted webdav folder) ?
I have attached a modified version of the mailbox.log file.

Anyone using Goodreader to sync their briefcase ?

I have not contacted good.iWare yet.

Thanks in advance.
-Audun
mailbox.log
RudestBuddhist

Post by RudestBuddhist »

I too would like to be able to use GoodReader or Files Connect to access my Webdav Briefcase, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I've been trying http://zimbraserver/dav/username and all of my credentials, but I get an "Invalid Server Response" error. The webdav connection works fine in OS X.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jerryboi »

You are getting that Invalid Server Response because your user root is a mixed dav collection. Try mounting http://zimbraserver/dav/username/Briefcase/ which is a pure WebDAV collection (and which you wanted to access anyways)
repier

Post by repier »

we encounter the same problems with the message by using Goodreader (403 Forbidden error msg) We started with a Zimbra Pilot this week. ZCS 7.2.