2 servers hyper-v with HA

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Pepe

2 servers hyper-v with HA

Postby Pepe » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 am

Hello again.
I ask you again a couple of questions, but first my scenario is this:
2 dell servers with windows server 2012 r2 with hyper-v configured on raid 5. 4 NICs for each server.
And what i want is do 2 zimbra installations on each server for HA, planning to use drbd and heartbeat for doing this, or if you can recomend me another method is more than welcomed.

Managed to install both zimbra, but i want the replication for HA by connecting both servers via ethernet. I mean, NIC #1 from each server go to switch, and NIC #2 between servers, and for this last ones (NIC #2) do all the mirroring work.

Is this possible? If is not, what are the best configuration for achieve what i want?

Thank you in advance.
PS: i didnt imagine hyper-v was such a pain in the butt... well, is what my boss want without buy a new vmware license.

zimico
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.7.5

Re: 2 servers hyper-v with HA

Postby zimico » Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi. You can do HA at some levels such as virtualization, OS (drdb), application (Zimbra). I suggest you use HA at virtualization level or Live sync at Zimbra level (because zimbra does not have HA feature yet). Just search for "Live sync" in the wiki if you want.
Regards.

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”