Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
ErikPatrikPittaluga
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby ErikPatrikPittaluga » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Hello everyone, everything good?

I recently had the following problem: a client tries to download several or just a Zimbra Webmail message to Outlook, however the message size is over 16MB, as you can see in the following image -> https: //prnt.sc / jc2cpe -> https://prnt.sc/jc2zkq

It seems that the connection to the server is disconnected. I'm not sure if there is any limit on the connection or size of Zimbra to download messages.

Can you help me?


User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.8 Patch 4 Network Edition
Contact:

Re: Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby L. Mark Stone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 pm

ErikPatrikPittaluga wrote:Hello everyone, everything good?

I recently had the following problem: a client tries to download several or just a Zimbra Webmail message to Outlook, however the message size is over 16MB, as you can see in the following image -> https: //prnt.sc / jc2cpe -> https://prnt.sc/jc2zkq

It seems that the connection to the server is disconnected. I'm not sure if there is any limit on the connection or size of Zimbra to download messages.

Can you help me?


Zimbra's default max message size is 10MB, so you'll need to increase that.

Admin Console:
Configure > Global Settings > General Information > Maximum Size of a file uploaded from the desktop
Configure > Global Settings > MTA > Messages > Maximum message size

Hope that helps,
Mark
_____________________________________
L. Mark Stone
Mission Critical Email - Zimbra VAR/BSP and Consulting https://www.missioncriticalemail.com/
Zeta Alliance http://www.zetalliance.org/
ErikPatrikPittaluga
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Re: Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby ErikPatrikPittaluga » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Hello

Thanks for your return, apparently a high value was already set.

When the server response limit, that is, if I try to download via POP thousands of Outlook messages, is there any risk of having some limit on server response time?
User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.8 Patch 4 Network Edition
Contact:

Re: Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby L. Mark Stone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:01 pm

ErikPatrikPittaluga wrote:Hello

Thanks for your return, apparently a high value was already set.

When the server response limit, that is, if I try to download via POP thousands of Outlook messages, is there any risk of having some limit on server response time?


I'm not sure I understand your question!
_____________________________________
L. Mark Stone
Mission Critical Email - Zimbra VAR/BSP and Consulting https://www.missioncriticalemail.com/
Zeta Alliance http://www.zetalliance.org/
ErikPatrikPittaluga
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Re: Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby ErikPatrikPittaluga » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Hello,

For example, the message is very large, it passes around 20MB, even if the file download size is set in Zimbra Admin as 50MB, is there any connection time limit to download?

Another example: if you are 5/10 minutes downloading messages via POP in Outlook, is there something that Zimbra can interrupt this connection?
User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.8 Patch 4 Network Edition
Contact:

Re: Problem downloading messages in Outlook

Postby L. Mark Stone » Tue May 01, 2018 12:33 am

ErikPatrikPittaluga wrote:Hello,

For example, the message is very large, it passes around 20MB, even if the file download size is set in Zimbra Admin as 50MB, is there any connection time limit to download?

Another example: if you are 5/10 minutes downloading messages via POP in Outlook, is there something that Zimbra can interrupt this connection?


Ah, OK. Zimbra has no such time limits built in to my knowledge; only a user web session time limit which is measured in hours or days.

Plus, Zimbra in my experience works well even when end users are on low-bandwidth, high-latency connections.

If it were me, I would test by trying the download from a different location with a better internet connection and see what happens. You should also check the logs, specifically /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log to start.

Hope that helps,
Mark
_____________________________________
L. Mark Stone
Mission Critical Email - Zimbra VAR/BSP and Consulting https://www.missioncriticalemail.com/
Zeta Alliance http://www.zetalliance.org/

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests