Getting Zimbra Off The Ground!

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
TechMansoor

Getting Zimbra Off The Ground!

Postby TechMansoor » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Good morning community.
I guess I'll start with the setup and hosts file.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.106.40 zserver.flinn.local Zserver

This is my current hosts file setup.

What I'm wanting to do is use the zimbra mail client(mapped to an outside domain like gooberdoctor.com), shared scheduler, as well as zimbra talk amongst 50-100 internal employees.

Basically for what I'm attempting, is the hosts file accurate?

Thanks so much awesome community.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Getting Zimbra Off The Ground!

Postby phoenix » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Instead of jumping through all these hoops, why don't you just create the "gooberdoctor.com" domain on your server and if you're on a LAN the DNS A & MX records will be rquired.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
TechMansoor

Postby TechMansoor » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:24 pm

florida I don't understand your answer.

The first step was just making sure my hosts file was looking good before I continued showcasing errors.

Forward, Reverse and MX lookup already works since my resolv.con is configured with the right local DNS server.
TechMansoor

Postby TechMansoor » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:59 pm

What I'm wanting to do is use the zimbra mail client(mapped to an outside domain like gooberdoctor.com), shared scheduler, as well as zimbra talk amongst 50-100 internal employees.

The mail server is already setup and established. I'd prefer not to disrupt that. I was hoping to just get the installation off the ground. I'm getting a slew of error messages when attempting to run the install. Before I started posting those error messages, I wanted to make sure I setup my hosts file in accordance with zimbra standards?
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.10 Network Edition

Postby L. Mark Stone » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Mansoor,

Please post the output from the configuration files and tests here: https://www.missioncriticalemail.com/20 ... ick-start/

Mark

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”