is there a way to use html in Out-Of-Office messages?
I've done some search but there's no much. I found that Out-Of-Office are considered MDN, and therefore must be compliant to RFC 2298.
RFC 2298 is very strict about the message format. Among the restriction there are:
- Specific format, only (machine readable) text, no attachments of sort
- Specific mime content-type, like Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
- Blank "From:" header
The last condition would render the Out-Of-Office unusable, so every mailserver (not only zimbra) ignores it.
Regarding the content type, zimbra ignores the rfc and uses simple Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
So why does enforce on the text format?
Even forcing html code in the zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeReply, the code is rendered as text/plain and not formatted.
Is there a workaround?
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest