Migration from Centos 7 (8.8.15_GA_4308) to Rocky 8.7 (8.8.15_GA_4522)

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Gustaf

Migration from Centos 7 (8.8.15_GA_4308) to Rocky 8.7 (8.8.15_GA_4522)

Post by Gustaf »

I want to migrate from CentOS 7 to Rocky 8.7.
I use the Zimbra Wiki for this:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_to_Zimbra_Migration

With the LDAP connection I always get the error message:
server error
Mail: system failure: unable to search gal Error code: service.FAILURE Method: [unknown] Details:soap:Receiver

I checked the DN with "zmlocalconfig -s zimbra_ldap_userdn" and the BIND password with "zmlocalconfig -s zimbra_ldap_password".
Does anyone have an idea where the problem could be :?:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Migration from Centos 7 (8.8.15_GA_4308) to Rocky 8.7 (8.8.15_GA_4522)

Post by phoenix »

IMO, the easiest route is to download to your Centos7 server the version of ZCS that you'll install on RockyLinux 8.x - when you've done that shutdown ZCS. Next run the upgrade script to update the Centos7 to Rocky Linux 8. When you've done the upgrade you can upgrade your ZCS to the new version for RockyLinux 8. It should be fairly straightforward (I've done it myself) and no problems. Obviously you should bake sufficient backups of your ZCS server and store it on another server, just-in-case.

P.S. The migration forum is for people that are migrating from another mail server to Zimbra, it's not for questions about moving ZCS to a new server, I'll move this thread.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
milauria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Migration from Centos 7 (8.8.15_GA_4308) to Rocky 8.7 (8.8.15_GA_4522)

Post by milauria »

What about upgrading from Centos 7 to Rocky 8 on the same server (in place upgrade) … do I need to download Zimbra for Rocky and run the Zimbra installer on top of the existing Zimbra after completing the upgrade to Rocky 8?
I am on Zimbra 8.8.15 FOSS on Centos 7
Thanks