Problem installing 9, NG Modules not installing. (Solved)

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Re: Problem installing 9, NG Modules not installing.

Post by yellowhousejake »

pajari wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:09 pm Dave,

Can you please provide output for:

Code: Select all

zmprov gs `zmhostname`  | grep -i zimbranetwork
To answer your earlier question,
zimbra-network-modules-ng package installs NG modules and required admin extensions/user zimlets.
com_zextras_zextras admin extension is used for NG Admin UI.
com_zimbra_mobilesync.zip, com_zimbra_hsm.zip, com_zimbra_backuprestore.zip are legacy admin extensions and are loaded only if zimbraNetworkAdminEnabled server attribute is TRUE. In case of Zimbra server with NG installed, zimbraNetworkAdminEnabled should be FALSE and zimbraNetworkAdminNGEnabled should be TRUE on mailstore server.
Pajari, please see below.

zimbra@zimbra:~$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep -i zimbranetwork
zimbraNetworkAdminEnabled: FALSE
zimbraNetworkAdminNGEnabled: TRUE
zimbraNetworkMobileNGEnabled: TRUE
zimbraNetworkModulesNGEnabled: TRUE

A very clear explanation, thank you for that.

DAve
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

pajari wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:02 pm zimbraNetworkAdminEnabled attribute is deprecated in 9.0. So, if you have zimbraNetworkModulesNGEnabled=TRUE and zimbraNetworkAdminNGEnabled=TRUE, then NG Admin UI should be loaded.

Also, can you check if you do zmmailboxdctl restart and monitor /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log file, do you see any exceptions?

Pajari,

No exceptions, everything starts clean.

DAve
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

Well, it's been a month and my install and migration have blown past the scheduled date by a good margin. Support does respond to the support ticket, but it can take a week to get a reply. I would consider just blowing away the VM and reinstalling but I do not want to wipe out anything support needs.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative to this install? Zimbra 10? Outlook 365?

DAve
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

Support got back to me with new instructions. We changed the zimbraHttpDosFilterMaxRequestsPerSec from 30 to 150. Now my NG modules load everytime and the settings I make are sticking. Backups are running.

I logged in again this morning and it is still working. I will reboot the server and try again tomorrow morning. If it works, I will call it fixed.

Fingers crossed.

DAve
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

Hi

Since NG Modules are not existing in Zimbra 10, you will just be in big trouble next March when 9 is EOL ...
So the best is removing NG from 9, so you can upgrade to 10...

Manuel
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

Everything has been working the past few days. Backups are running and settings changes stick. I am calling it a good fix.

DAve
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

oetiker wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:36 am Hi

Since NG Modules are not existing in Zimbra 10, you will just be in big trouble next March when 9 is EOL ...
So the best is removing NG from 9, so you can upgrade to 10...

Manuel
If 9 actually does go EOL next year, I do not think it will be too large an issue.
- Mobile requires no migrating.

- HSM is not migrated either, all mail goes into the users mail regardless of what volume it is comes from, so once migrated we just turn up the new HSM and mail begins moving to the new volume.

- Backups can be recovered by spinning up the old VM and migrating (export/import) whatever account(s) need recovering. This needs only be done for 30 days as that is as long as we maintain backups for email.

We will not upgrade a major number even if Synacor offers it. We will build a fresh install and migrate. Overall, I do not think moving from 9 to 10 will be any more of a problem that moving from Exchange to Zimbra was for us. We have less than 300 users.

DAve
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member

This is crazy. Now my migration scripts are failing where they worked perfectly before when the NG Modules were not loading. I am starting a new thread on that.

For now, zimbraHttpDosFilterMaxRequestsPerSec from 30 to 150 solved the issue of the NG Modules not loading if anyone has that issue.

DAve