10.0.8 Update - Issues?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

10.0.8 Update - Issues?

Post by yellowhousejake »

We are looking at scheduling our update from 10.0.1 to 10.0.8 very soon. We have been experiencing issues with a few items that appear to be fixed. I have been following the thread on the 10.0.8 patch,

viewtopic.php?p=313493#p313493

But it seems to be mostly side discussions with few reports of issues/successes. Has anyone seen problems with the update to 10.0.8?

Thanks,

DAve
Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64 NETWORK edition.
Linux zimbra 5.4.0-174-generic #193-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 7 14:29:28
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Re: 10.0.8 Update - Issues?

Post by L. Mark Stone »

yellowhousejake wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:42 pm We are looking at scheduling our update from 10.0.1 to 10.0.8 very soon.

<snip>

Has anyone seen problems with the update to 10.0.8?

Thanks,

DAve
You'll want to read all of the interim Patch Release Notes for any "gotchas" applicable to your environment.

For example, there is a new version of Postfix provided, and some customizations not in LDAP will likely need to be reapplied. Same for Amavis.

You can back up the ~/conf directory before and after the upgrade, and then do a diff.

I find it easier for the Postfix bits just to do like "postconf -n | sort >> /tmp/postconf-prepatch.txt", then copy that file someplace safe (Ubuntu recall wipes the /tmp directory during a reboot) and then after applying the Patch and rebooting, you can do "postconf -n | sort >> /tmp/postconf-postpatch.txt" and then do a diff of the two files.

You can do the same for zmconfigd.cf, amavisd.conf.in, and any additional files you may have edited/created.

If you've customized the Login screen and/or the Modern/Classic UI, be prepared to put back those customizations as well.

But other than having to manually restore customizations, I've had no other issues nor failed upgrades on any of our systems nor any of the customer systems we take care of.

Hope that helps,
Mark
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Re: 10.0.8 Update - Issues?

Post by yellowhousejake »

Mark,

That helps a lot.

I have already reviewed the Release Notes and saw no issues. I have zero Postfix config changes after our move off of 8 and we do not run any AV/AS since moving to Sophos Mail Gateway. So, no issues there. In fact I didn't edit any files when we migrated to 10 and the users have been happy other than the Mobile and Calendar issues.

Of course full backup and a snapshot before we do anything. As usual.

Thanks,

DAve
Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64 NETWORK edition.
Linux zimbra 5.4.0-174-generic #193-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 7 14:29:28