Zimbra as exchange mirror

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
investit

Post by investit »

What I would like to do is create a Linux "mirror" of our current windows server. Login and file sharing is taken care of using Fedora directory service, Samba and Rsync. I would like to use Zimbra as an exchange replacement. (This setup is partly for backup, partly for future migration). Two questions:
1. Is it possible to authenticate Zimbra with Fedora directory service? (FDS contains windows sync to keep it up to date with Active directory)
2. What would be the best way to keep Zimbra and exchange in sync? I was looking into using imap and Mailsync. Has anyone any experience with something like this?
Thanks.

Jonathan.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

It should be possibel to use any ldap server for auth - when you set up remote auth, just make sure that the query will return correctly for your ldap schema.
retireoncsco

Post by retireoncsco »

[quote user="investit"]What I would like to do is create a Linux "mirror" of our current windows server. Login and file sharing is taken care of using Fedora directory service, Samba and Rsync. I would like to use Zimbra as an exchange replacement. (This setup is partly for backup, partly for future migration). Two questions:
1. Is it possible to authenticate Zimbra with Fedora directory service? (FDS contains windows sync to keep it up to date with Active directory)
2. What would be the best way to keep Zimbra and exchange in sync? I was looking into using imap and Mailsync. Has anyone any experience with something like this?
Thanks.

Jonathan.[/QUOTE]
I think there is a way to have the IMS send copies of each message to another server as well, search the MS kB.