Customizing Login Screen

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
amitbapat

Customizing Login Screen

Post by amitbapat »

Is there way to customize the login screen of the webmail client?

The Login screen says Username (instead of email address) and some users get confused about this and complain about login failures because they don't enter their full email address.
Also is it possible to put a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it?
I'm using 3.0.0_M3_436.FC4_20060106155236
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Customizing Login Screen

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="amitbapat"]Is there way to customize the login screen of the webmail client?

The Login screen says Username (instead of email address) and some users get confused about this and complain about login failures because they don't enter their full email address.

[/QUOTE]

This is probably possible by editing the message files, like you were doing a translation
[QUOTE]
Also is it possible to put a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it?
I'm using 3.0.0_M3_436.FC4_20060106155236[/QUOTE]
Our license has an attribution clause, so removing the zimbra logo would be a violation.
amitbapat

Customizing Login Screen

Post by amitbapat »

I don't want to replace zimbra logo, I want to add site logo somewhere.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Customizing Login Screen

Post by marcmac »

Adding a logo should be possible - you'd just have to hack the js files that we ship to reference the new image.
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Customizing Login Screen

Post by pshah »

FYI, take a look at
/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/share/view/ZmLogin.js
for hacking the login screen.
ir_syam

Customizing Login Screen

Post by ir_syam »

i had try to add a line in login screen, editing file js mentioned, /opt/zimbra/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps/zimbra/js/zimbraMail/share/view/ZmLogin.js
html[idx++] = "";

html[idx++] = "Try Put My Organisation Names Here";

html[idx++] = "";
above the username fields, nothing changed then, am i wrong or what should i do actually?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Customizing Login Screen

Post by phoenix »

Did you flush your browser cache? You should, obviously, restart zimbra as well.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ir_syam

Customizing Login Screen

Post by ir_syam »

i did, but nothing happen. so i was upgrading my zimbra to newest 4.0.1, when i look to that particular script, its more sophisticated to understand. i hope somebody can tell me where i can adds some line to put my org names. tq
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Customizing Login Screen

Post by phoenix »

Not being a stunning coder I'll have to leave that question for someone more experienced, sorry. :(
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Customizing Login Screen

Post by 14319KevinH »

Are you using the Network Edition? If so you can do this with a new Theme. If your on the OSS Edition your not allowed to make any changes to the logo or branding of the Zimbra webclient.